Chapter 39

~Yoongi~

"Yoongi," came Seokjin's soft voice.

Yoongi glanced up at Seokjin, knowing that his eyes were red and lifeless. "What's happening?"

Seokjin sat down on the floor beside Yoongi, back pressed to the wall, "They received an 'okay' from Seyeon's family to have her surgery."

Yoongi closed his eyes at that. Seyeon's family? She's an only child, isn't she? Her parents also passed away when she was young too.

"A sister," Seokjin said, resting a hand on Yoongi's shoulder, squeezing it slightly. "I didn't know she have a sister."

"I don't too," Yoongi murmured, feeling worse as the seconds passed by. "What about the kids? Are they okay? Jungkook? Jimin?"

"A little shaken," Seokjin replied, quietly. "What about you?"

"Fine," Yoongi said, flatly.

When they heard soft footsteps heading their way, they glanced up and saw the rest of the members there, along with Minseo and Jiyeon. Their expressions mirrored Yoongi's. It was obvious how much they love Seyeon.

Yoongi watched as they sat down on the floor too. Taehyung and Minseo sat across from him with Namjoon and Jimin sitting beside them.

"Maybe we should cancel our appearance," Hoseok said, quietly as he sat beside Yoongi. Jiyeon followed him and sat beside Hoseok, resting her head against Hoseok's shoulder. Dropping a kiss to her forehead, he glanced at the others, "What do you think?"

"We—can't," Yoongi forced out. "We can't. No."

"Yoongi," Namjoon began.

"You all worked so hard on your parts," Yoongi said, glancing down at his hands. "And...we should perform no matter what."

"I don't think you're up for it," Seokjin said, softly. "I don't think Jimin or Jungkook will be too."

"I'm willing to do it," Jungkook said, eyes determined. "Seyeon noona would be mad if we don't."

Yoongi gave him an exasperate smile. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook's eyes grew sad but he nodded. "I'm good."

Yoongi turned his attention towards Jimin.

Jimin forced a smile. "I will be when she's up and smiling."

"You should go to her," Jungkook said to Jimin.

Jimin turned his gaze towards Jungkook. They all knew what Jungkook meant by that. Miyoung. Jimin's girlfriend. 

"I can't," Jimin said with a soft laugh. "I want to be here."

"Call her here then," Namjoon murmured. "You need her."

Jungkook nodded at that. "Call her, hyung."

When Jimin's eyes came to Yoongi, Yoongi forced a smile and nodded, encouraging him to do what he needs to. Maybe Jimin feels that he's neglecting Seyeon but he isn't. If he needs his girlfriend to be here then he should call her.

It made him turn his head towards where Seyeon was.

Memories of their last talk burned in Yoongi's mind. Their last phone calls. The texts Seyeon has been sending Yoongi.

He was planning to talk to her after receiving her voicemail about wanting to meet with him later tonight. He was going to come see her after their performance.

Too bad that's not happening, he thought to himself, feeling his heart ached at the thought of Seyeon in her surgery.

"I feel like shit," Yoongi whispered, feeling angry tears hit his eyes.

"It's not your fault," all of them said quickly.

Yoongi laughed, humourlessly. He didn't need to look up to know they were exchanging worried looks. Instead, Yoongi kept his eyes on the bloody rings that belonged to both Seyeon and Yoongi.

He couldn't take his hands off Seyeon when she was hauled into the ambulance. His hands wouldn't stop shaking as he kept his eyes on her, desperately praying that she opened her eyes to meet his. That way she'll see the love that he has only for her and find a reason to fight and hold onto life.

But Seyeon didn't open her eyes.

***

It was hard for everyone to pretend that everything was okay. They had to force smiles and laughter throughout the whole show. Yoongi tried his best not to think about Seyeon who was still in surgery when he left.

Hoseok would playfully poke Yoongi several times throughout the show to make him smile. The younger members were also being cute and funny as well. Seokjin and Namjoon made sure to keep an eye on him even though they didn't say a single word to him. To reassure the others that he's okay, Yoongi laughed and smiled a lot but his members know that he's falling apart on the inside. It'll be that way until he sees Seyeon again.

Why did I do that to her? Yoongi thought to himself, feeling his chest tightened. He shouldn't have bottled things up like he did because in the end, his jealousy got the best of him. He wasn't that rational, mature person that he wanted to be. He hated himself so much.

When the concert is finally over, Yoongi rushed to the hospital after he sent the others home. They insisted on coming but Yoongi wanted to spend time alone with Seyeon. Seeing that desperate look in his eyes, the members eventually agreed, though they warned that they will come see Seyeon the next morning.

Yoongi rushed over to Seyeon's room, coming to a stop when he saw a couple standing outside the room. When they saw him, the woman who seemed older than Yoongi stepped towards him.

"You must be Yoongi," the woman said in a soft voice. "Can I talk to you?"

"I'm kind of busy," Yoongi said, flatly. He didn't want to think about why that woman was talking to him. He just wanted to see Seyeon and he didn't care about anyone but her right now.

"I'm Seolhee," the woman said, "This is my husband."

Yoongi stared at the woman with the familiar name. "Seolhee?"

Seolhee smiled but it was tight, "I'm Seyeon's older sister."

Yoongi didn't say anything because Seyeon told him that she has no relatives and definitely no siblings too. Not until he heard Seolhee's name from Wooyoung's lips and the way Seyeon looked so... broken at the sound of her name.

As if she could read his mind, Seolhee reached out for a photo on her phone and showed it to Yoongi. Yoongi saw a younger version of Seyeon and Seolhee posing at the camera. His eyes lifted to Seolhee and she explained in a soft tone, "She's my adopted sister."