Chapter 28

~Seyeon~

"You're going to stay here with me?" I asked, hugging one of the pillows. "Really?"

"I said that, didn't I?" Yoongi muttered, his back towards me as he cooked.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

I tilted my head to study him, not knowing what he's doing. After dragging me out of the room, we ended up at my apartment. Thinking that it's because he needed a break, I didn't bother asking much. I like it when Yoongi stays over at my place too. We get to spend a lot of time together and alone.

"We're filming something next week," Yoongi said, turning to look at me over his shoulder.

I got up from the sofa, walking towards the fridge, opening it. "Next week? When?"

"Thursday."

I grabbed a soda and then closed the fridge, turning to look at Yoongi who was watching me already. "Do you... want me to come watch?"

"Do you want to?"

I bite my lip as I opened the can, trying to think of what my work schedule is like. Realising that I won't be able to since I'll be busy.

Shaking my head, I sighed, "I don't think I can. I have a few customers who requested me."

Yoongi frowned. "Is that so?"

I nodded and watched as Yoongi turned to the stove once more. "It can't be helped," he said.

I reached for a glass. "Yeah."

"I'll also be dying my hair for this."

I stopped what I was doing and looked at Yoongi. "Is this your way of telling me I can dye my hair with you?"

Yoongi chuckled, softly. "If you want."

I especially love dying my hair the same colour as Yoongi's. Although Yoongi often tells me that it's annoying, I can tell he secretly loves it. So now whenever he has to dye his hair for their comeback, he asks me to tag along with him to get mine done at the same time.

I glanced at his hand and saw the ring on his left finger, making me smile my eyes found the same ring on my finger. I lightly touched the ring with my fingertips, smiling.

Defect.

I winced at the memory that just surfaced.

"Seyeon?"

I lifted my eyes to meet Yoongi's.

"What's wrong?"

I forced a smile, "I'm hungry."

And like always, Yoongi had that annoyed glint in his eyes as he turned his back towards me and focused on what he was doing.

I pressed a hand to my chest, trying to force out the bad memories that keeps trying to pull me back in time.

***

~Seyeon~

"I'm starting to think you're stalking me," I said when I saw Wooyoung's familiar figure.

He glanced over his shoulder at me, grinning. "I'm patrolling the area, you know."

I crossed my arms, "Is that so? Why are you in here then?"

Here, being Yoongi's company. The members wanted to eat lunch somewhere and while they were packing their things, I'd come out, only to see Wooyoung at the reception area.

Wooyoung moved towards one of the sofas and sat down, patting beside him. I moved towards him and sat beside him, making sure to leave a gap.

"So?" I prompted.

Wooyoung smiled, "I can't give details out, you know."

I arched an eyebrow, "Sounds like an excuse."

"Sharp as ever, are we?" he murmured with a playful smirk. "So? I know we're meeting this Saturday but there's something I need to know."

"What?"

His eyes turned serious as he leaned towards me slightly. "What happened to you?"

I blinked. "What do you mean?"

"We graduated, didn't we? You just disappeared the minute we graduated. I went looking for you but you were gone. Your family weren't exactly—"

I cut him off. "Why did you go looking for me?"

Wooyoung looked at me. "Because I was worried."

I laughed, humourlessly, "Were you?"

Wooyoung sighed. "We weren't that close Seyeon but with the things that were happening to you back then—"

I stood up, having heard enough from this friend of mine. "If you're here to reminisce about the past then you can forget it and leave. I'm done living in that hell."

Wooyoung got to his feet and grabbed my elbow to stop me from leaving. "Okay, okay I'm sorry. I won't bring it up." He released his hold on me, running a hand through his hair. "Just tell me that life wasn't too hard after you left our town."

"It wasn't," I lied.

He didn't look like he believed me but he didn't point it out too. I was thankful for that.

"Speaking of which, you're dating a celebrity?"

I smiled at the mention of Yoongi. "You can say that."

Wooyoung's playful smirk came back. "Maybe I should ask for a selfie or something. How much do you think people will pay if I get him to sign my phone and then sell it?"

Laughing, I punched him in the arm, "Don't you dare do that."

Wooyoung chuckled. "Why not?"

I crossed my arms, "That's not how it works. Besides, I don't think they're allowed to..." I trailed off when I saw that Wooyoung wasn't paying attention to me. I glanced over my shoulder and that's when I saw Yoongi with his members. They were watching from afar.

Yoongi smiled when we made eye contact. He smiled but boy, I knew that smile meant that I was in trouble. It held a hard edge to it.

Wooyoung tilted his head, "That's Yoongi, right? Your boyfriend?"

I grinned back at Wooyoung and nodded. "Yeah!"

He smiled but it was tight. "You guys suit each other."

I laughed softly. "Thanks. Anyways we're heading out now. I'll see you this weekend then, Wooyoung."

"Alright, bye Seyeon."

I waved and then jogged towards where Yoongi and the members were, only to see that Yoongi had left.

I came to a stop in front of the members. "Um, where did Yoongi go?"

Hoseok smirked. "You tell us, Seyeon."

I blinked. "What?"

Jimin jerked his chin towards the room for artists. "He forgot his phone or something."

Seokjin leaned down towards me and whispered in a dark and scary tone, "Someone's in trouble."

I gulped. Oh boy.