Chapter 33

~Yoongi~

Seokjin shooed the others away so that he can share a ride with Yoongi back to the dorms. Yoongi wasn't surprised by it at all.

"Yoongi-ah."

Yoongi ignored him, eyes closed.

"Is everything okay with Seyeon?"

He said nothing.

Seokjin reached over, shaking him lightly. "I know you're awake, dude. Answer me."

Using that authority tone of his always work on Yoongi. Maybe more so than usual because Yoongi wanted to talk to someone about it. Seeing that Seyeon's close to Seokjin, he didn't mind although he doesn't want Seokjin going to talk about it with Seyeon.

"Yoongi," Seokjin repeated.

Yoongi opened his eyes but he didn't turn them Seokjin's way. "What, hyung?"

"Talk to me. What's with your foul mood lately?"

"Seyeon and I aren't getting along these days," he muttered.

Knowing that's he purposely keeping the information to himself, Seokjin shook his head, turning around to face Yoongi.

"Talk to me."

Yoongi sighed, irritated that Seokjin won't drop it. "Just drop it."

"You know I can't do that," Seokjin said, softly.

Yeah, he knows that all too well. Seokjin cares about him, he knows that. Not just him but the rest of the members too.

"Her past," Yoongi muttered. "Seyeon never talks about it."

"And that bothers you."

Yoongi shifted in his seat, feeling Seokjin's eyes on him as he glanced at his hands. "It has always bothered me, hyung. Ever since I knew of her nightmares and even when she cries in her sleep... you've seen that haunted look in her eyes too." He sighed. "I just... want to know."

"I feel like there's something more to it," Seokjin said.

"Observant as ever," Yoongi turned and glared at Seokjin who simply smiled back.

With a sigh, Yoongi continued on saying, "That cop. He's a part of her past too."

"Yeah, he is," Seokjin said, slowly. The fact that Seokjin already knows just proves how sharp and observant he is. "What about it?"

"It bothers me that he knows about her past and that I don't," Yoongi snapped. "She keeps me in the dark. It frustrates the hell out of me. It's even worse now because she and I both know that he likes her."

"Whoa," Seokjin blinked, eyes wide. "So, what happened?"

"I overheard their conversation when I left practice that time," Yoongi muttered. "Seyeon had a thing for him back then too. As far as I know, nothing happened."

Seokjin nodded without saying anything.

"It just... hurts," Yoongi admitted on a sigh. "I feel like she doesn't trust me enough to talk about it. I even told her that but she still kept quiet."

He turned his head towards the window, "I get frustrated when she doesn't want to talk. I can't wait forever, you know."

"It might not be easy for her," Seokjin said, quietly. "So give her time."

Yoongi laughed bitterly at that. "Well that's true. But I've been waiting for five years."

And just like Yoongi predicted, even Seokjin have nothing to say to that – except, he gave Yoongi a pat on the shoulder for comfort.

~Seyeon~

After that night, Yoongi and I haven't seen each other or contacted each other. It's been ten days.

Even when I wanted to send a text, I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I feel like if I do then I'll have to talk about my past. Which is still painful to talk about.

So in the end, I couldn't even text him or call him. I think Yoongi wanted the space too. It hurts but I know it's probably hurting him more. This is why I hate fighting with Yoongi. It makes me realise how vulnerable I'd become. It makes me fear that he'll leave and never come back.

Either way, I continued on with my days. I went to work, pretend that everything's okay with Kay and Lia, talk with Harin and pretend that things are good and then I eat and sleep. When I heard nothing from Yoongi and the others, I hopped online.

Information about their events are always posted online. Seeing that Yoongi's probably busy preparing for the event next week, I was even sure that I should stay away. It wasn't easy.

I don't have those dreams anymore but that's probably because I rarely get any sleep. I missed him so much. Knowing that we were fighting, makes it even worse.

So I made up my mind to see him. Maybe if I can explain why I can't talk about it to him, he'll understand. Maybe.