Chapter 15

~Yoongi~

"Wow hyung, you're so cruel," Hoseok said with a disbelief look. Hoseok was out with Jiyeon and the minute he stepped into the room, the members told him what had happened.

Yoongi continued drinking his water, not saying a single word.

"Is this a Daegu thing?" Namjoon asked, arching both his eyebrows. "Am I missing something here?"

Taehyung cleared his throat, "No. I would never do something like that to Minseo."

Yoongi snorted at that.

Seokjin pointed at Taehyung, "Minseo didn't even know you two were visiting your parents until you guys were right outside!"

Taehyung grinned at the memory. "The look on her face was priceless." 

"So mean," Jimin muttered, narrowing his eyes at Taehyung.

Taehyung leaned towards Yoongi, raising his fist for Yoongi.

"Hey, if I told her, she would have run away," Taehyung said as a matter of fact. "It's the same with you, right hyung?"

"Someone who understands me," Yoongi smirked, fist-bumping Taehyung.

Yoongi glanced down at his phone and saw that Seyeon haven't messaged him. Thinking that it's because his mother is probably making her shift uncomfortably in her seat, made him smile.

You can win her over, Yoongi thought to himself. Just like you did with me.

***

~Seyeon~

Yoongi's mother crossed her legs, raising the mug to her lips, "Yoongi told me he's been dating you for the past few years, is that correct?"

I nodded as she sipped her tea, "Yes."

"How long?"

"Um, it'll be five years soon," I said, trying to keep my voice light.

Yoongi's mother tilted her head to the side. Crap, was it five years or four years? My mind went blank every time she looks at me like that.

"Yes," I said, confidently although all I feel wasn't confidence. "It's been five years."

"Where is the ring then?"

I almost choked on air at her question.

"Ring?" I squeaked.

Yoongi's mother held up her left hand, pointing to her fourth finger, "Why aren't you two married?"

"M-married?" I choked.

"Are you going to repeat everything I say?"

"N-no, I'm sorry," I said, feeling a lump forming in my throat, "I... Yoongi and I haven't discussed marriage yet... it's not on our minds right now, I guess."

Yoongi's mother sighed, turning her head towards the window, "That boy."

I just tried to smile, although I'm sure it came out stiff and ugly.

She turned her head to face me again and I held my breath. Her eyes roamed me once more and I just knew she was judging me. Why does she keep doing that to me? Was I not a good fit for Yoongi?