Chapter 8

Yoohyeon's POV

"Why did you lie to me?"

"Eh?"

"You said that you hit your face because you fell somewhere. Bora told me yesterday that Siyeon and you fought. When were you supposed to tell me?" She sounded hurt. Not angry. Hurt. And it broke my heart into pieces. And I didn't know why!

"Yoohyeon?" she brought me back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"I asked you something."

"What was it? I'm sorry I was daydreaming again."

"I asked you, why did you lie to me?" I thought for a second that I was just thinking about it. But no. It had happened. And Minji sounded so hurt.

"I-i... I didn't want to make you angry. I didn't want you to fight with Siyeon again."

"Even if you hid it from me. I still get mad cause her behaviour towards you isn't nice! I told you to not hide something like that from me! What did she do this time? What did she told you?" she was a little angry. But mostly hurt and sad. Great! Such a nice friendship! You just hurt her more Yoohyeon! I knew I sucked at this. Why couldn't she get it like everyone else did and stay away from me?

"Bora didn't tell you?"

"She did. I just wanted to hear what you have to say about it." She said and sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry unnie. It won't happen again."

"Bora told me that Siyeon said something bad about your mom. She didn't tell me anything else cause Siyeon didn't tell her anything else either. Is everything alright?" She asked softly and held my hand.

"Yeah. It won't happen again." I repeated myself.

"No I don't mean that. I mean with your mom. Is everything alright?"

I just nodded my head.

"Ok. I understand that you don't want to tell me. It's ok." She said smiling. She continued talking about other things then and soon I saw her bright smile again. She wasn't hurt anymore. I promised myself to never lie to her again. At least I would try not to.

We headed to my apartment after some minutes. Minji was blubbering again. Something she used to do when she was nervous or excited. In this case it was probably the first option.

"Will you come to school tomorrow? Or will we talk before we'll go to Jisoo's party?" She asked and looked at her feet. She was nervous for sure.

"Yeah I'll come tomorrow. At school."

"Good. You know I'm asking cause you aren't always at school. So I don't know if you will be tomorrow or not. And we have to go to a party tomorrow night. So I had to know if you are alright, and if you will come and... I'm blubbering again, am I? I'm sorry Yoohyeon-ah." She said softly.

"It's fine unnie." I told her honestly.

"Ok. Goodnight then!" she said excitedly and kissed me on the cheek. It was so spontaneously. I was speechless for a second. She couldn't stop laughing at my frozen state. I smiled shyly in the end and waved at her a goodbye. She was so cute. She blew a kiss to me and a kiss to Pie and then left.

I went inside and when I closed my door, I just stood there, resting myself on the door. I put my hand on my chest and my heart was beating fastly. I also couldn't stop smiling. What was wrong with me? I sure needed some time off of school, again. I checked my messages but Taeyeon unnie hadn't texted me if they needed me or not. And she wouldn't do that. Most of times she tried calling me at work once per month. Or two. She wanted me to go to school. She wanted me to be a good student and not my work to have a bad effect on my grades. And most of times my work only lasted for one or two days. So this time that it took me a week, it would take her a long time to call me to work. Aish! I needed a distraction. Maybe I'll go to the hospital and stay there for the weekend. If Friday's party was going to be good. Cause I was nervous and had a really bad feeling about it. And when I had a bad feeling, I knew I was right. And most of times I was, for real.