Chapter 25 (TW)

Yoohyeon's POV

"It was Christmas. I was only six years old back then. Me and my mom were waiting for my dad to come home. He was working till late at night at the agency. Even in those days that everyone didn't. He had a really important case to solve back then. And it's still not solved if you ask me. I'm trying to solve it for him. Anyway, back to the story.

"Mom! Why isn't dad home yet?" My little self asked her.

"Honey, he has a lot of work to do. To save the world." She said smiling brightly to me.

"When I will become an adult I will work at his agency too! And I'll become a hero like him!" I said proudly. My mom laughed at my silliness.

We were at the living room watching some movies. We hadn't had dinner yet. We were waiting for him. And as the time passed by I got impatient. So we ate alone, without him. I always blamed my impatience for what happened next.

I fell asleep at my mom's lap on the couch waiting for him. When suddenly someone knocked on our door. I woke up and ran to open the door thinking that it was my dad. But it wasn't. It was one of my dad's cooperates.

"Miss Kim. I have some news for you. Can I come in?" He asked my mother who was now behind me. We went in and I was asking him for my dad impatiently. My mom sent me at my room and she said that she had to talk to him alone. I didn't go, though. I hid behind the door of the living room. I wanted to listen to what he had to say to my mom. I had a really bad feeling about this. And I was right... My dad was dead... And that... that was the worst Christmas of my life...

As the years passed by I started going out again, started playing with kids and talking again. This whole incident had changed me though.

"Yoohyeon! I missed you!" Siyeon said and hugged me. I was at her house and we were playing with her little sister. When suddenly, my step father came to bring me home. I was only nine back then. You heard right. Step father. My mom tried to move on and live her life again.

"Come on Yoohyeon. It's time to go home." He said, pretending to be a sweet and caring man. But he wasn't. I held Siyeon's hand afraid of him. I didn't want to go home with him. He hadn't hit me yet but he was an aggressive man and I was scared of him.

"Come on Yoohyeon. Don't make your mom worried." And that was enough to make me come with him. But... It was painful. Really painful. He hit me and raped me. I was freaking nine! He did the same to my mom too. I tried to stop him. But that only made him even more mad. That night I was yelling in pain. He was hitting my back with his belt. My back still has scars from that night... And that night... Was the night were my happiness left me forever...

I was so traumatized after that. I barely got out of the house. And that was only to go to school. Siyeon, Gahyeon, Handong and Dami, were still my friends. But I never told them what was happening in my house. I was only talking to them at school and then I disappeared. I was locking myself at my room. But it was useless. He could always find me and hit me.

At the age of 11 I decided to work at my father's work. Taeyeon took me to the agency. She helped me learn a lot of things. She made me become strong and she raised me like her own child. Of course I was only 11 so I wasn't working exactly. I just did a few small things to help around.

One night, when I was 12, I tried to hit my step father. I didn't do it on purpose. He was hitting my mom pretty badly. She was afraid to tell the police about it back then. He threatened her that he will kill us. So she was afraid. And that night... I got mad. I wanted to protect her from the pain. I went behind him and kicked him between his legs. He fell on the ground. I took my mom's hand and we ran. We were about to get outside when he held both of my hand and hers. He took us inside and locked the door. He slapped my mom and locked her in her room telling her that she shouldn't hear what was going to happen next. He then came to me and... And that night I felt hate for the first time. I hated him. I hated the world. I hated everything.