Chapter 35

Minji's POV

I was sitting at a white hospital room. Next to me was Yoohyeon lying on a bed. She was asleep. I wanted her to wake up so badly. This time... this time she had risked her life for me. I can't even believe that my father tried to kill her. How could he? This was insane! Everything they did lately was insane!

Taeyeon told me everything. My father was the one that killed her father. He was the one who made all this mess in her life. He is a mafia boss also. And her father tried to arrest him. So my father killed him. I still couldn't believe it. He wasn't my father. He was a monster! I felt so weak emotionally. But I couldn't leave Yoohyeon's side just because all this drama was happening to me. She was fighting to survive! She was more important than anything else in my life! Screw my father or anything else!

"How is she?" Bora asked me when she went in the room.

"Stable."

"How are you?"

"Fine."

"Are you really?"

"There are a lot to take in. And it will take me some time. But... I'll be fine. The important thing now is for Yoohyeon to be fine."

"Yeah... as for the things you have to know and think, about your father... well it's something Yoohyeon has to tell you." Bora said. I nodded. I was going to wait for her to tell me. She was never easy to talk about serious things like those. I knew something was off with my father and her. Bora just confirmed it. But, I had to wait to know what it was. But of course that could wait. I only cared about Yoohyeon to be well and wake up. The rest could wait.

It took her a few days. In the meantime, my father was arrested for both trying to kill a human and for being a boss of the mafia. But of course he had money. He paid and he would stay in prison for just a year. Seri was saying sorry to me all the time trying so hard to hear me forgiving her. But I wasn't going to pay attention to her. I just wanted Yoohyeon to wake up. I wasn't a person who could be angry and not forgive others forever. I was just too focused on Yoohyeon to even think of what had happened those passing days.

It was a Thursday afternoon. I was at Yoohyeon's hospital room. I had just arrived there. I left some things I had bought on my way to the hospital next to her bed and went to open the windows. I was looking outside the window thinking a bit. But it was so unbelievable to think of it. Whatever my father did. Not just that he tried to kill Yoohyeon. But the fact that he was manipulating his own daughter! It was just...so painful.

"...hey" I heard a low, weak voice from behind me. I turned and saw Yoohyeon on her bed. She was awake. She was finally awake! I ran to her and hugged her. I tried to not hug her tightly cause I knew she was still in pain.

"Yoohyeon! I was so worried baby!" I said. I realized I just called her 'baby'. It was so spontaneously.

"Unnie...are you alright?" She asked me. Her voice was hoarse.

"Don't talk too much. You are still healing." I said.

"I'm fine. I am the one that should be asking you that though. How do you feel?" I asked her.

"Hungry." I smiled at her.

"You are lucky I had the feeling that you were going to wake up and bought you food." I said smiling. I took out the food from the plastica bags that I had brought with me and started feeding her. She was so adorable and she was smiling too.

"Unnie... what happened with your father?" She asked me suddenly.

"He is arrested. But he will be out next year. He has a lot of money so..." I said. Yoohyeon nodded and looked at me in my eyes. I knew she was the type of person who wasn't talking or asking a lot of things. But she was trying to know the feelings and thoughts from other people in other ways. Like observing them. And that's what she was doing now.