Chapter 27

Minji's POV

"Bora? Are you alright?" I whispered to Bora. Her glass of wine had just fell on the floor. Her face was unreadable and she was only looking at Siyeon, with an intense gaze. Her fists were clenched. Same goes for her teeth. She was like a wild animal ready to attack. I held her hand caressing it trying to calm her down.

"Ok! Now that you are all here we can eat my cake. I made it with Minji." Yoohyeon said loudly trying to distract the Suayeon couple. I took Bora by her hand and made her sit on the couch. She was only looking at Siyeon. I tried to talk to her but she seemed so lost in her anger.

Yoohyeon brought our cake and everyone gathered around it. Yoohyeon looked at us. It wasn't only for Bora and Siyeon to meet. I also wanted her to have this beautiful moments with us, her family. I wanted her to feel loved and cared. But with Bora and Siyeon being like this... How could Yoohyeon have a really beautiful night?

I nudged Bora's arm whispering to her that we should give this night to Yoohyeon and only and ignore everything else. Including Siyeon. She sighed heavily and nodded. She managed to smile and looked at Yoohyeon now. Yoohyeon smiled back and mouthed to me a 'thank you'. I nodded to her that it was nothing. She came close to the cake and blew the candles. We all hugged her and then me and her went to the kitchen to cut the cake into pieces and give them to our friends.

"Are you having fun?" I asked her. She smiled brightly. It's been a while since she smiled like that.

"Yes unnie. Thank you, so much, for all this."

"It's nothing my puppy. Everything for you." I said softly and kissed her temple. She smiled shyly and blushed. We then went outside and served the cakes to everyone. We sat down and started eating. Everyone was talking and having fun.

Later on, we turned some music on and started dancing. Yoohyeon of course was too weak to dance yet. But I took her in my arms, really carefully and we started dancing at a slow jazz song. We were looking at each others eyes lost in our own world. I was so in love with her. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops. I wanted to tell her and kiss her everywhere. But of course... I wasn't sure if she was ready for that yet.

"This is so beautiful. Thank you so much unnie." She said once again.

"No need to thank me." I said and kissed her nose this time. She smiled shyly again and giggled shyly too. I laughed at her cuteness.

"I love you. You know that?" I said. I didn't even realised it that I said it out loud. I looked at her frozen face. I was about to take it back but she smiled. A small one. And then she shook her head a little.

"You haven't realised it?" I asked her.

"I mean... It's obvious!" I said laughing a bit.

"Yeah... Well... I did. But I was always saying to myself that that's your way of showing to your friends that you care for them. So I wasn't someone special." She said.

"No. I am like that with my friends yeah. That's true. But I'm like this, this close, with you and only you." I said and came closer to her.

"May I have a dance with Yoohyeon now?" Chungha said out of nowhere cutting off our moment. Yoohyeon smiled to both of us and nodded.

Chungha took her in her arms carefully and close, like what I did, and started dancing with her slowly and carefully. Like what I did. I was jealous. Yes, I was. She was so close to her. And... And what Minji? You haven't asked her out properly! Pabo!

"That brat stole your puppy." Bora whispered to me.

"She is not a brat. She is Yoohyeon's friend. And I'm happy she is having other friends except from us. That she is opening herself again to people." I said truthfully. It was true. I was happy. I was jealous yes. But I was also happy.