Chapter 16

Yoohyeon's POV

And just like that, that Sunday morning I started packing my stuff. I had never left the country before. Not even the city. I was nervous. And also, I was afraid for my mom. But Siyeon's father told me she was going to be fine. He was going to take good care of her. And I was sure of it. I trusted him anyway. It was just... I wanted to be close to her. And being this far away... It made me feel on edge. But Siyeon told me to relax. She said that I needed holidays too anyway.

And while I was packing, my phone rang. And it was video call from Minji. I picked it up.

"Hey" I said.

"Morning puppy! Did I woke you up?" She said and made a cute face.

"No, no you didn't. I was packing my stuff actually."

"Oh really? Me too. How did you sleep yesterday? I know you have insomnia most of nights. Except the nights I sleep with youuu." She teased me. She was right though. I hadn't had insomnia those nights. I could sleep peacefully because I felt like home in her arms. I felt safe. I smiled shyly at her.

"No, I didn't sleep that much. I was nervous."

"Why my puppy?"

"I had never traveled abroad unnie. It's so new to me."

"Hmmm... To tell you the truth, I was nervous too the first time that I travelled abroad. I was young and we had to go with my parents for a business trip. My parents were busy talking on the phone so I got over my nervousness alone. I also got bored easily cause it was a business trip. I was just six years old! What were they thinking? Anyway. I don't blame them. The point is, that you won't be alone. You'll have your friends. And you also have me. Your favourite unnie. I'll sit beside you and I'll hold your hand tightly. So you won't be nervous and afraid. Ok?" She said showing exactly what she'll do and she then blew me a kiss. I smiled shyly again and nodded.

We continued talking while packing our stuff together. It got late at night and we were still talking. I wasn't feeling alone anymore. Even if I was alone at home. I couldn't feel alone. I had friends and people who cared about me. So I couldn't be alone. We fell asleep with the video call still playing.

When I woke up, the first thing I remembered was my video call with Minji. I took my phone quickly to see what happened. And all I saw was Minji looking at me smiling. She had woken up earlier than me obviously.

"Morning puppy." She said sleepily but happily.

"Morning. The video call was nice and all, but now I have to charge my phone though. I left it all night in the video call and it will power off soon."

"Now that you mentioned it I have to charge mine too." She said laughing. We both charged our phones, still with the video call on, and then I saw Minji walking in her house. I couldn't see her house that clearly. But it looked fancy. After she changed, she went to her car and got in. I was still, on my bathroom doing my morning routine.

"Where are you going unnie? We don't have to show up this early at Bora's house." I said a bit confused.

"I won't tell you yet. You'll see." She said. I tried to not distract her while she was driving. When I finished my morning routine she stopped her car and went out. Then she stopped, again, in front of a house or it seemed like one at least, and then I heard my doorbell ringing.

"Unnie, wait a second. I'm going to open the door." I said. I took my phone with me and I opened the door. And that's when I saw Minji looking at me with her phone in her arms. She smiled at me and then hugged me.

"Good morning puppy." She said and kissed my cheek. I smiled shyly.

"Morning unnie. Why did you come here?"