Chapter 12

Yoohyeon's POV

And those two weeks passed by really fast. In a blink of an eye. I never realized it. Me and Siyeon were practicing more and more. She was now talking to me and you could say that we were somehow friends yet... She wasn't showing that side of her in front of the girls. All of them knew that she hated me. It would be weird and suspicious how she changed. So she decided to show it slowly slowly. That our practice was the only reason we became close. She didn't want the girls to know the truth. And to be honest, I didn't want them to know either.

But except from the practice for the songs, we were also practicing for the play too. As days gone by, I was getting more and more nervous.

And the day for the play came. It was Thursday. The last one for this semester. Then it was Friday and then we would stop college for Christmas holidays. And the semester ended there too.

I was at the amphitheatre that our college had. I was sitting somewhere behind the scene and I was waiting for our time to show up on stage. Minji was beside me and she was pacing from the one side to the other. She was nervous too. And I had to stop her from being nervous. I stood up from my seat and went over to her. I held her hand and looked at her. She stopped walking and looked at me.

"Unnie,... I'm not good with words. But,... Everything will be fine. Nae?" I said as I looked at her a bit unsure of what I had just said. She was looking at me without saying anything. I scratched the back of my neck nervously, with my other hand. She took that hand with her other and now we were holding both our hands together. We were looking at each others eyes lost in our own world. Minji was smiling at me now. A small and warm one. At that moment, I badly wanted to know what was on her mind.

"Minji, can I- oh!" Siyeon was heard in the background. And that was enough to make me conscious. I looked away, avoiding Minji's gaze. I was too weak to look at her for too long. I looked at Siyeon. She was smiling at us, and especially to me. But I could also see the hidden pain in her eyes. Maybe the others couldn't see it. But I could. She was hurt. And I knew why. I broke my hold from Minji's hand, afraid to hurt Siyeon any further. She was my friend too, now. And I didn't want to hurt her.

"Oh lovebirds! There you are!" Bora said and came to hug Siyeon from behind. She was referring to us. I felt my heart skipping a beat. I looked at Minji and I could see that she was a little confused and hurt by my action. I didn't want to hurt her too. But I couldn't do something like that to Siyeon either. Why was it so hard? I just didn't want to hurt any of my friends! But how was I going to do that? Minji managed to smile nonetheless. And it was a true one. She laughed with the 'lovebirds' word. And I followed her. Everyone did. She was so beautiful when she was laughing.

"What do you want Bora?" Minji said still laughing a bit.

"Why are you laughing? Aren't you two lovebirds?" We both shook our heads still laughing.

"It seems like it, though." Siyeon mumbled. I heard her. And I immediately looked at her. She was looking at me too. And then she looked away. Aish, Siyeon... I could do nothing to help her. Damn you Yoohyeon!

"Anyway, what do you want?" Minji repeated her question.

"Me? Nothing! I was just looking for Siyeon. And I found her. And I couldn't find you two too. But now I found you as well. So..."

"I wanted to talk to Minji unnie. Actually I wanted someone to fix this thing!" Siyeon said laughing a bit nervously and showed a weird belt she had to wear.

"I'll help you." Me and Minji both said. Minji looked at me weirdly.

"I have to talk with Siyeon about the song." I said. Minji nodded, took Bora's hand and they both left and went to sit somewhere further.