One

Season One

[Unless otherwise specified, it's Alyssa's POV]

Sometimes, your best friend takes you out in the middle of the woods, on a school night, to find half a body.

I heard a tap on my window just as I was dozing off and turned in a panic to see Stiles Stilinski. I opened the window as I cried, "What the hell are you doing?! It's near midnight!"

He smiled. "Two joggers found a dead body in the woods. I say we grab Scott and the Three Musketeers investigate this. You in?"

I frowned. "How much trouble will this get you in?"

He shrugged. "Probably a lot. But hey; you rarely find a body in the woods."

I nodded. "True enough. I'm in. Let's get Scott."

We arrived at Scott's house and Stiles climbed up to the roof whereas I chose the front door. Scott soon opened the front door to see me. He screamed as he raised the bat. "Stiles! Lyssa! What the hell are you doing?"

Stiles shrugged. "Ally wanted to come. After I woke her up, of course. As for you, well, you weren't answering your phone. Why do you have a bat?"

"For murder," I giggled.

Stiles rolled his eyes as Scott said, "I thought you were a predator!"

"Us? Predators?!" I laughed hysterically.

Once again, Stiles rolled his eyes, but I knew he wasn't really annoyed. "A pre--I--wha--look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even State Police."

"Two joggers found a body in the woods," Stiles continued.

"A dead body?" Scott questioned.

I sighed. "No, the living dead."

Stiles grinned at my use of sarcasm. "Yes, dumbass, a dead body!"

"You mean like murdered?" Scott asked.

I held my hands out in front of me. "Look, Scott, No one is certain yet. They know it's a girl and they're guessing she was in her late twenties."

"Hold on," Scott replied. "If they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

Stiles' face lit up. "That's the best part! They only found half! We're going."

Shortly after, we found ourselves in the woods as we stopped in front of a forbidden to enter sign. Awesome.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott asked.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," Stiles argued.

"Besides, Scott, this is gonna be good. You can't beat half a dead body. Am I right?" I added.

Scott groaned. "You're right. But seriously, I have practice tomorrow and I wanted to get a good night's sleep."

Stiles scoffed. "Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort."

Scott shook his head. "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line."

I had to bite back a laugh as Stiles said, "Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream, even if it's a pathetically unrealistic one."

"A hopeless one," I added, causing Scott to glare at me.