Five

"Ally Cat, why don't you pick up a movie for us. A classic action/adventure, I think. I'd say Indiana Jones, Star Wars, or Back to the Future. One of our favorites."

I grabbed a set of keys and headed to the video store. Just as I was looking for one of the three movies my dad suggested, Jackson walked in. He sounded less than thrilled as he said, "Can somebody help me find The Notebook? Hello? Is anybody working here? You gotta be kidding me."

"What's kidding?" I asked, walking towards Jackson.

"Alyssa, stay back."

"Jackson, I get that you want to protect me in your own way, but let me see."

He moved out of the way. The clerk was lying in a pool of his own blood. That was when the lights started flickering.

On the opposite side of the store, towards the entrance, I saw a pair of glowing red eyes. Jackson pulled me to the shelves he was hiding behind. The werewolf knocked down the shelves and Jackson pushed me out of the way so I wouldn't get crushed, causing my butt to land in the clerk's blood. I couldn't care less due to my current state of terror. The werewolf, no, the Alpha came up to me and sniffed me before leaving me alone.

The cops arrived and Jackson and I were escorted to separate ambulances. While Jackson took a demanding approach, I chose for silence. I supposed I was in shock.

Stiles caught my eye and ran over to me. He knelt in front of me to meet me eye-level as he held my hands in his. "Ally! Oh my God! Are you okay?! Ally? Talk to me, please."

Instead of saying a word, I jumped into Stiles' arms. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, as though he never wants to let me go.

Stiles' POV:

Something happened to Ally. Something that scared the hell out her and, excluding spiders, Alyssa Devereaux doesn't scare easily.

I felt something wet on her back and slowly lifted one hand up. In the faint ambulance light, I saw red. Blood. Hers? Other than being freaked out, she seemed fine; so I didn't think it was hers.

I put an arm around her shoulders to lead her away, but she stopped and held her arms up in a childlike way. Knowing what she wanted, I swept her in my arms.

My dad walked over to me. "Is she alright?"

I shook my head. "Physically, yes. Emotionally, no. I'm gonna take her to our house. I don't think she should be alone tonight."

He nodded. "Just so you know, you're sleeping on the couch. No funny business, Stiles. I mean it. If you absolutely need to, you can sleep on the floor in your bedroom, but she gets the bed. You always give the lady the bed."

"Got it, dad," I said as I carried her to my car.

During the ride to my house, her hand never left mine. I supposed it was a sense of comfort for her. I honestly loved it, but I wasn't telling her that; at least, not now.

We arrived at my house and I led Ally up the stairs. "Shower if you'd like. I'll grab you some clean clothes."

As I grabbed a shirt from my drawer, I chuckled. "That's the second time I've loaned you one of my shirts."

Ally nodded as a ding sounded on her phone signaling that she'd sent a message. Shortly after, she got a call. She handed the phone to me as she slid the green phone icon, starting the call. I handed her the shirt, sweatpants, and a towel as she went to shower.

"Ally Cat? Is everything okay?"

"Uh, hi Mr. Devereaux. It's Stiles. Alyssa's here. She had a rough night and I'm staying with her to make sure she's okay."