Forty-Five

After receiving a text from Scott, I drove over to Kira's house. I knocked on the door and a woman answered. "Yes?"

"I'm a friend of Kira's. My name's Alyssa. She told me to come over. We have some studying to do."

The woman nodded and opened the door wider as she motioned for me to come in. "Kira is upstairs."

I made my way up the stairs and knocked on a closed door. Kira answered and smiled when she saw me. "I was just telling Scott that this woman looks just like me." I looked closer at it and back at Kira. She was right. The resemblance was scarily similar. Thank God I grabbed that picture and gave it to Malia. "This has to be my grandmother," Kira continued.

Scott gave a small shrug. "Lyssa was one of the last people to see Stiles at Eichen House. They found this picture and this." Scott pulled the sword out from behind his back. They very one that was on the Nogitsune. "They found it buried in a wall. The same backwards five that the Oni put on us was on the wall. It sounds like it all goes back to your family. Your grandmother, your mom."

"How does it all go back to your family, Kira? Frankly, I don't understand and I'd appreciate some answers."

Kira shrugged. "I'm just as confused as you are, Alyssa. Trust me."

Her phone began buzzing and she looked at it as a look of worry consumed her face. "Kira?"

"What's wrong? What is it?" Scott asked.

"My dad," Kira answered.

Not wanting to press her further, we rushed to the school. We ran into Mr. Yukimura's classroom and he was lying on the floor, gasping for air. His wife was kneeling beside him rubbing his back. She looked up at her daughter. "Kira, did you bring it?"

Kira nodded as she handed her mom whatever it was and asked, "You going to tell me what it is?"

"Reishi."

Kira scoffed. "You're not seriously giving dad magic mushrooms?" She didn't get a response. Instead, Kira's mom shoved said magic mushroom into her husband's mouth, and he began choking even more so. He eventually coughed something up, leaving a small puddle of black blood, but otherwise, was completely fine.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded slowly. Scott narrowed his eyes in concern. "Stiles did this?"

"He wanted the last Kaiken," Mrs. Yukimura answered and she held what appeared to be a knife of some sort. "I've kept this near me since your friend disappeared."

I glanced at Scott. "Keep me updated, okay? I can't do this anymore. Not tonight. I need some long-awaited sleep."

Scott nodded and hugged me goodbye. Kira hesitatingly stepped closer and I let out a small laugh as I hugged her goodbye.

I made my way through the halls and hopped into my car outside. I got home and ran up the stairs to my desk. I needed to do some serious journaling or drawing to stop thinking about everything going on. I subconsciously began drawing my boyfriend when I heard Collar Full by Panic! at the Disco playing. Stiles' ringtone.

I answered it and placed it to my ear nervously. "Stiles?"

"Try again."

Anger coursed through my veins and I could feel my heart break a little, making me even angrier. "Let him go. What is it you want anyway?"

"I can't do that, love." His voice was deeper and bone-chilling evil. "This is me now."

"Me who? This is not my boyfriend," I hissed coldly. God, how I missed the Stiles I fell in love with.