Four

Alyssa's POV:

My alarm blared Ed Sheeran. Stiles must have turned it up. I silently cursed him, yet found it endearing.

Endearing. I'm too far into my crush on Stiles. No getting out of this, now. There's no hope.

I grabbed a powder blue shirt, black jeans, and my polka dot flats and put them on. Thank God for dry shampoo. Less to do in the morning.

I tousled my hair gently, letting the waves show and put on makeup.

By the time I got downstairs, it was only seven. Enough time to make coffee and actually eat something for breakfast. I made toast and coffee.

By the time my coffee was cool enough to drink, Stiles had arrived. I ran out and hopped into his Jeep.

He smirked at my travel mug. "Coffee?"

I smiled. "You know it."

"Let me guess. Three tablespoons of hazelnut creamer?"

If possible, my grin widened. "No better way. I love that you know me so well."

"You love it, huh?" Stiles teased with his classic Stiles smirk. "Better be careful with your choice of words, Ally. You don't know what you do to me."

"Haha, Stilinski. All joking aside, you good?"

He nodded. "I'm good. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept well. Thanks for asking. Hey, thanks for taking me home after I sort of... freaked out last night."

He made a motion with his hand as if to say he was blowing it off. "It's no big deal. You were falling asleep and I didn't want to wake you."

"Appreciated. One more thing," I said as I punched his arm. "That was for my blaring alarm this morning. Thanks, though. I had time to make coffee and breakfast which is a rarity."

He glowered slightly before nodding. "You're welcome. You pack quite a punch. That actually kinda hurt."

I smiled sweetly. "I know."

We arrived at the school and soon, Stiles and I were sitting in first period. As the teacher was passing out tests, Stiles tapped Scott's shoulder. "If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?"

Scott shrugged. "I don't know."

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know."

"Does Allison's dad know about the Alpha?"

"I don't know! Jeez."

Scott received his test back with an extraordinarily low grade. "Dude, you need to study more. That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up."

"Do you want help studying?" I asked.

Scott shook his head. "No, I'm studying with Allison after school today."

Stiles clapped Scott's back. "That's my boy."

"We're just studying."

"Uh, no, you're not."

"No, I'm not?"

Stiles groaned. "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to God I'll have you de-balled."

"Okay. Just--stop with the questions, man."

"Done. No more questions. No more talk about the Alpha or Derek. Especially Derek, who still scares me. What do you call him, Ally?"