Forty-Six

"You want to handcuff me?" Stiles asked as the sheriff dangled handcuffs in front of the two of them.

He walked down the steps into the loft and returned, "If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me, because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others." He was standing in front of Stiles who held up his wrists so the sheriff could put the handcuffs on. He did so and a look of pure evil overtook his face, which his dad clearly noticed. "You're not my son."

Stiles smirked as he broke the handcuffs and flung them to the ground. Allison raised her stun gun and shot Stiles. Instead of being electrocuted, he grabbed the electricity as he pulled it from his body. The fact that he was staring at us the entire time made it even more terrifying.

Derek shifted and charged Stiles, but his fist was grabbed and cracked, signifying that bones had been broken as Derek's arm was jerked behind his back. Derek groaned in pain as he was slammed into a post and fell to the ground.

Argent raised his gun and cocked it as Allison and Sheriff Stilinski begged him not to. The sheriff was the only one who voiced his argument. "Argent, listen to me. Don't do this."

Argent gave him a look. "Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

Another gun was cocked and I saw the sheriff point his gun at Argent. I glanced at Stiles and saw a sickening look of amusement on his face. "You're not going to shoot my son."

Argent looked back at Stiles. "You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son."

Sheriff Stilinski demanded, "Put it down. Put it down."

In a heartbreaking voice, Stiles said, "Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, Dad."

I wanted to run up and hug him, but I had to remind myself that this was not my Stiles.

"Don't listen," Argent retorted.

"Put it down," the sheriff demanded as his voice raised a few notches. "Now! Do it! Put it down!" At this point, he was yelling.

Stiles smirked as he said to Argent, "Pull the trigger. Come on."

Why would he be instigating Argent? Unless...

"Listen to me, you put the gun down now!" Sheriff yelled.

"Shoot me."

"Put the gun down now!"

"Dad," Allison called.

"Shoot me!"

"Put the gun down now!"

"Shoot me!!"

"Argent, you put it down!"

Allison met my eyes and we both whispered, "Strife." This was what he wanted. He was feeding off the chaos and pain much like the events at the Animal Clinic.

"Put it down! Put it down!"

The loft got darker, and I knew that the Oni would soon be joining us for the party. "Stop, stop it! This is what he wants. This is exactly what he wants."

No one seemed to listen to her, so I yelled, "Listen to her! This is exactly what he wants!"

Stiles met my eyes and cocked his head. "Not exactly. I was kind of hoping Scott would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns out. Because you're not here to kill me." He faced the window once again as the Oni appear. "You're here to protect me." He took a few steps back as the Oni raised their swords. Sheriff and Argent began firing rounds at the Oni, but it clearly was doing no good. Two of them moved towards Derek and Allison. My friend pulled out a knife and I balled my hand into a fist. I may not have a weapon, but I can pack a pretty painful punch. Now, I don't know how it would affect a demon ninja warrior, but I was game to try.