Thirty-Five

Alyssa's POV:

I heard sounds and walked towards the elevator to investigate. "Stiles!"

He walked over and called, "Derek?"

Stiles began slapping Derek's face, trying to wake him up. "Derek, come on!"

He balled his fist and prepared to punch Derek in the face when his fist was grabbed. He slowly got up, and I rushed to help him up. "Where is she?" Derek asked immediately.

"Jennifer?" Stiles questioned. "Gone with Scott's mom."

"She took her?"

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick in the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here. Whoa."

"What about Cora?"

He left to find his sister and Stiles suggested we sit in the ER waiting area. I sat quietly on my phone and heard Stiles say with a sigh, "Oh, just perfect."

I looked up to see a familiar face I'd hoped to never see again. "A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of stupid?" The agent retorted.

"If you can ask the questions without your usual level of stupid," my boyfriend sassed.

The agent looked like he wanted to punch Stiles. "Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?"

Stiles shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours."

"Is he drinking again?"

I clenched my fists and I felt Stiles' hand on mine. Stiles narrowed his eyes at Agent Dickface. "What do you mean, again? He never had to stop."

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?"

"Alright, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet, starter with "F," and end with "U.""

I sniggered, causing Agent Dickface to glare at me. "How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?"

Stiles shook his head. "We don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time."

"You're not the one who put the names on the doors, are you?"

"What name?" Stiles and I asked.

The elevator doors closed and we saw the name ARGENT on the doors. Seeing that as a sign, we rushed off the Argent's apartment to see Argent and Allison.

Allison was worried about the sacrifices, and Argent tried to stay his daughter's fears. "The word is guardian, Allison. More than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."

Allison looked at her dad in fear. "But she took Scott's mother and Stiles' father. That's not a coincidence."

Stiles looked at Argent and said cockily, "Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors. That kind of felt like a warning to me."

"I think it might be Morrell. She knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us," Allison said.

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot fast, okay? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away."

"We have to rescue Mama McCall and Papa Stilinski. If we don't, I don't know what I'll do," I admitted.

Argent smiled softly at us. "Stiles, Alyssa, don't give up hope."