Eleven

Stiles' POV:

Ally and I were at Scott's house attempting to call Scott's phone. "Call it again." Scott orders.

I saw Ally roll her eyes. This had been going on for awhile now, and both of us were tired of it. "It's not here," I sighed. "Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

Scott groaned. "I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

I scoffed lightly. "Well, "A", you're not alone. You have me and Ally. And "B", didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him," Scott explained.

"Wish they would," Ally said quietly as Scott gave her a look. "What? He's creepy. Hanging around everywhere, popping up in random places? He's like--like--I don't know. But it's creepy the way he suddenly appears."

Scott sighed and rolled his eyes as he motioned for me to continue. "All right, so then just let the do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get to Peter--problem solved!"

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" Scott retorted. "I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first--just--just help me!"

I sighed as I took a moment to think. "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

Scott shook his head. "He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."

"Why not?" Ally groaned. "He's creepy and dangerous!"

I pointed to Ally as I said, "What she said. Could you think about letting him die? For me? For her?" Suddenly, Scott's face dropped. "What?"

"My mom just got home from work," he said quietly.

"Is she okay? What's she doing?" Ally asked as empathy clouded her voice.

"Crying," Scott answered simply.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone," I tried to justify.

He looked up at me as a look of pain flashed in his eyes. "I have to."

The next day at school, we found Jackson, because Scott couldn't go to the formal. Jackson scoffed at Scott's request. "You want me to take her to the formal."

"I don't want you to. I need you to," Scott begged.

Jackson's lips pursed. "Screw you. You know what? Screw the two of you as well. In fact, you all screw each other. Don't think I don't know that's what Stiles and Alyssa want to do."

Ally's face tinged pink and I know she feels as awkward about that as I do. "Hey, you know he saved your life, right?" I protested in an attempt to get Jackson to be reasonable.

Jackson frowned. "He left me for dead."

Scott scoffed. "I got shot for you."

"Oh yeah?" Jackson retorted. "Show me the bullet wound."

Scott frowned. "You know it healed."

"Convenient."

I saw Ally walk off; presumably to her locker, muttering to herself. I looked down at my phone to see I've gotten a text from her.

From: Ally Belle

I can't deal with that tool.

To: Ally Belle