Forty-Four

A day had passed since the events at the Animal Clinic. Stiles was back to his normal self, but he was going away for several days. Melissa had stitched up my leg, and had stayed until I woke up. Flash forward to currently, where I was sitting by my boyfriend in the back clinging on for dear life as my head was on his chest. It was straining my neck slightly, but I didn't want to move. Stiles periodically kissed me in various places as we rode in silence.

We pulled up outside Eichen House too soon for my liking. I brought Stiles' head to mine. "I wish you didn't have to go."

He gently kissed me as he ran a hand up and down my arm. "I know, sweetheart, but I have to."

"Stiles, Eichen's not a good place."

He nodded. "Believe me; I know. But they might be able to help. If I could have it any other way, I would."

Sheriff Stilinski waved us outside and said awkwardly, "We need to go in now."

As we walked towards the looming gates, I saw a familiar motorcycle pull up. Scott. Fresh tears fell and I hastily brushed them away as Scott walked towards us. He pulled the helmet off his head and asked Stiles, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "Because we wanted to avoid something like this. Knowing how close the three of you are, I'm guessing Alyssa told you?"

Scott and I nodded as Stiles said, "It's only seventy-two hours."

Scott pointed at Eichen. "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. You don't know everything yet."

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called."

Stiles smiled lightly at his dad. "Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct."

The sheriff looked at my best friend with sadness swimming in his eyes. "Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

Scott narrowed his eyes. "Then why are you putting him in here?"

Stiles shook his head. "He's not. It was my decision."

I scoffed. "I tried telling him otherwise."

Scott met my eyes. "I agree with her. Stiles, I can't help you if you're in there."

"And I can't hurt you," Stiles replied as he looks between me and Scott.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something and if we can't..."

Stiles interrupted Scott as he stepped closer. "If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out. And protect Ally with your life, got it? Don't let a single hair on her head get hurt. Promise me you'll be there for her, that you'll protect her. That's all I ask."

Scott nodded slowly as Stiles turned to face me. "I'm going to have you leave with Scott, okay? Please Ally, I don't want to fight you on this. I don't want... I love you. God, I love you."

"Okay." I nodded, not daring to fight him. "Okay. I'll go with Scott. I love you too, Stiles. I'll see you soon. After all, what's seventy-two hours when you have never-ending love? We'll figure this out. I'll figure this out. I promise."

Stiles let out a small laugh before kissing me and embracing me. He walked off with his dad and I collapsed into Scott's arms as I began sobbing uncontrollably.

Scott held me and rubbed a hand up and down my back. "We'll figure this out. I promise."

I pulled away slowly and nodded. "We need to talk to Deaton. We can't waste time. And before you ask, I don't need a minute. I need to do this to help Stiles."