Twenty-Six

[Forewarning, this is a long chapter.]

I heard a knock on my door. "Lissy, your party's starting soon. You said you wanted to go out and get something for this girl. Did you?"

I instantly slapped my hand to my forehead. "No, I forgot. Thanks, Jack. I'll head out now and get something. Tell mom and dad I'll probably be home late."

I grabbed my keys and purse and headed out to my car. I started the engine, and drove off to a local store. I figured jewelry was a good thing to get a teenage girl. I picked out simple earrings that I thought she'd like and paid for them.

I headed out to my car and drove to the house where the party was. Or so I thought. A truck sped down the road and rammed right into me, on the driver's side, causing my car to spin and eventually come to a stop. There seemed to be a faint metallic smell, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I slowly pulled my phone out of my pocket. A rather painful process. I went to my speed dial and called the first person I saw. That person ended up being Stiles.

"Ally? Why are you calling? Did you need directions?"

"Something ha--happened."

"Ally? What happened? Are you okay?"

"Sc--Scott needs to find me. Stiles, something bad happened."

Stiles POV:

"Scott, do you have something of Ally's?"

Scott shook his head and pointed to the shirt I was wearing. "I'm sure that has her scent on it. It might be faint, but I can definitely catch a whiff of vanilla, which is her. Why?"

"Something happened, Scott. We need to find her now."

Scott nodded and realizing I was still on the phone with Ally, I told her, "We're going to be there soon."

I heard her quiet, scared voice on the other side. "O--okay. Hurry."

Minutes later, thanks to how close she was, we saw her. It was like a literal horror scene. Her car was probably totaled and she was sitting in the driver's seat covered in blood and probably had some broken bones. I climbed in as I instructed Scott to call an ambulance. "Ally, what happened?"

She laughed painfully. "Drunk driver. But, I got the gift. They're pretty white diamond looking earrings. I think she'll like them."

Of course she's thinking of someone else. She let out a pained sigh. "I'm cold and I'm so tired."

"No, no, no, no. You need to stay awake, Als. I know you're tired, but you need to fight to stay awake."

"Stiles, so... tired."

Her eyes closed and I looked to Scott in a panic. "They're on their way. They're a few minutes out."

I held her fragile body close to mine and finally heard sirens. After a few minutes, the paramedics got her out and placed her in the bed in the ambulance. I started climbing in, and was stopped. "Where do you think you're going?"

"She's my girlfriend," I lied. "I'm coming with her."

"No, you need to find a separate ride, young man."

I glared at the paramedic. "Like hell I do. Look, you're wasting time arguing with me. I'm coming with you and my friend will take my car. Scott, here."

I threw Scott the keys and he caught them with ease. The paramedic sighed and let me into the ambulance.

I found myself staring at Ally. There was something horribly peaceful about seeing someone you love unconscious in front of your eyes, and I didn't mean sleeping.