Nine

Stiles' POV:

Car chases are awesome, but Scott clearly doesn't understand the point of them.

I sighed and Scott turned to me. "Faster?"

"Much faster," I said, hearing Ally's voice say the same thing.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here," I said to try to encourage him to go faster.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us."

"You're going 80. I think you can manage at least a hundred. Crazy Kate is closing in. Faster! Faster!" Ally retorted.

"Chill, Ally. If you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us! They're gone."

My dad's voice came over the com. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

I saw Derek running towards us and I opened my window. "Get in."

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked angrily.

"Dammit, I had him!" Derek yelled.

I saw Ally scoot to the driver's side back door as I questioned Derek. "Who, the Alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

That was when I took some offense. "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs--"

Derek glared. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Don't blame me!" Ally exclaimed as she raiseed her hands in surrender. "It was those two."

Derek stared her down. "I don't remember you doing anything to stop his dad from arresting me."

"Because I thought you were guilty, Creepy Derek!"

"Stop calling me that!"

"Creepy. Derek," she insisted.

Derek's eyes shifted and he growled at her, causing her to flinch away.

"You're scaring her!" I told Derek angrily.

He rolled his eyes and Scott frowned. "Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it. Everyone, just calm down. Lyssa, don't annoy him. Derek, chill. You scare her or hurt her, Stiles will become your worst nightmare."

I sighed. "He's right. All right. How did you find him?"

Scott closed his eyes for a moment. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

I nodded. "Yeah, all of us. Or just him. I'll be back here."

Derek was silent for a moment. "Look. The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

Ally frowned. "Our chemistry teacher?"

"Why him?" Scott asked.

Derek shrugged. "I don't know yet."

"What's the second?"

"Some kind of symbol. What? You know what this is?"

The image of the symbol did look familiar. Scott noted, "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

Later that morning, Scott was moping, and it was annoying me. "This is gonna be impossible, you know."

"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" I asked.