Chapter Eight

"What were you thinking about, Ibiki?" Third asks Ibiki-sensei in tired tone. At one side is standing Ibiki-sensei with Anko-san, while in the other is standing Shisui-san with Itachi-san and clan head, Fugaku-san. I am standing in the middle, with Hokage and some of the elders in front of me, seated. Behind us are standing all the heads of different clans, watching us.

"She has potential." Ibiki states bluntly. "She was training all by herself and I offered help. I explained my work beforehand. She agreed. And I have to say that she has learnt a lot." I nod at his words, smiling shyly at people in front of me.

"Is it true, Sakura-chan?" Third turns towards me, trying to keep cheerful tone.

"Yes, Hokage-sama." I nod and smile at the old man in front of me. "I have learnt quite a lot while training under the surveillance of Ibiki-sensei."

"What skills were exactly, that got you interested, Ibiki?" Third turns to sensei and looks him directly in the eyes, as if daring him to lie. But even if it was needed, Ibiki-sensei would not lie. I know him and I know how much he hates lies. Even if they are needed for missions. He always found a way to cheat, without lying.

"She could throw all her weapons in perfect aim, walk on trees and water." He states, ignoring gasps heard across the room. "She enhanced her punch with chakra, before she punched me in our first training." He adds with a  low chuckle. "She is already learning element based jutsus." He adds in deadly serious tone.

His speech seems to stuck the core. A wave of murmur is heard among the small crowd behind us. Shisui-san is saying nothing. His eyes are frozen upon me, evaluating me.

"Ne, Hokage." Anko-san starts talking, with large grin on her face. Sometimes, she really does look like a little sadistic. "She watched one of the prisoners being tortured and interrogated." Another wave of gasps are heard. "And she did not even flinch." She adds amused. "I say, it would be a waste of talent, if you don't let us work with her."

"It is not safe for a little girl to watch torture, Anko!" Inoichi states from behind. Anger soothing from his every pore. Then he looks at me and his glare softens. "How old are you, Sakura-chan?"

"Four." I answer truthfully and smile at him innocently. He looks at me bothered and sighs.

"She is same age as Ino."He whispers and shakes his head. "I have to examine her mental health." He states firmly and I nod, not knowing what else I have in options.

"Sakura-chan." Third Hokage calls me out. I turn towards him, already agitated that they made me lose my precious training time. "What is your chakra element?"

Before answering him, I turn towards Ibiki-sensei, asking him with my gaze if I should speak or not. Ibiki hesitates. Before nodding, defeated. Our little exchange does not go unnoticed among others but none of them make a comment on it.

"Earth, water, yin and yang." I whisper loud enough for everyone to hear. "But I am studying only earth based jutsus, yet. Because Ibiki-sensei only knows them." I shrug my shoulders and look at Anko-san, who nods with a small smile. "Though, Anko-san promised me to teach a little genjutsu." I add with large smile on my lips.

"She has perfect chakra control." Shisui-san starts speaking. Everyone turns towards him, even me. "When I saw her in T&I building, I could not believe myself, because I could not feel her chakra at all." He coughs and looks at me with a small smile."When I first met her, over a year ago, when her parents reported her lost." Recognition runs in Fugaku-san's eyes. "I barely managed to find her, because her chakra was concealed." Shisui looks at me once again and smiles. "When her parents were murdered, I expected her to start crying, or to break down." Shisui admits and I nod, feeling tears pooling in my eyes. "But she managed to compose herself and started training ever harder." Now, I don't understand the purpose of his speech. "Taking in her trauma, and the fact, that she is still four, I don't deem appropriate for her to wander in T&I building and attend interrogations."

No one says a word. I know what they are thinking. I practically feel some of their anger directed towards Ibiki-sensei. I look up at the man, who is just staring at Hokage, not caring about others. But I know why they are angry, mostly their children are my age. And all of them is putting their own child in my place. Prodigy, placed in T&I.

"Hokage-sama." I whisper. Everyone's gaze turns to me. Even Ibiki-sensei looks at me. I breath in and find courage to speak up. "I... I want to continue training with Ibiki-sensei." I mumble and start fidgeting with my fingers. "I want to attend interrogations as well." I add and look down at my feet. "I don't feel repulsed by it. If anything, I deem it important and useful ability to know about." I state and look up, staring directly in Third's eyes. "I have my goals and... training under Ibiki-sensei and Anko-san is one major step towards my goal, Hokage-sama." I whisper and look down again.

"What is your goal, child?" Third Hokage asks me tiredly. He leans closer.

"I want to become stronger." I answer immediately. I look up, will of fire burning in my eyes. The war, that killed off everyone I cared about, could not break me. And I will not let Third Hokage to take away the chance, I was given to save them. "I want to be strong enough in order to defend everyone, I care about." I state firmly. I know where I stand, when it comes to my goals. "I want to know more than basic when I attend Academy, so if anything happens, I will not be abuse to children, who come from different clans and know more than a mere civilian child." I explain and smile. "I want to be stronger than average genin, when I finish academy, so I can be a good asset to not only my village, but my teammates as well." I finish with small, sad smile on my face. "I want to be someone, people can count on." I whisper again and look down at my hands.