Chapter Fifty-Five

"Gaara!" I wave my hands at the redhead before tackling him into the tight hug. He blushes before putting his arms around me, too. "How are you?" I ask with large grin plastered on my face as I beam at the redhead in front of me. "Oh, hello." I smile and greet the girl, that is standing beside him.

"Sakura." Gaara shakes his head and smiles softly, smile that I missed so much. "I am fine, thank you." He says politely before turning towards the girl."This is Mitsuri." I smile at the girl and greet her once again. But my eyes are still on Gaara and the way he looks at the girl. The soft gaze he used to give only to me.

"Y-You a-are H-Haruno S-Sakura!" The girl, Mitsuri says with amused glint in her eyes, large smile forming on her lips. I nod my head to her, a bit creeped out. "P-Please t-to m-meet you, Sakura-sama." She bows to me as I take a step back.

"You d-don't have to bow t-to me, Mitsuri-chan!" I yell at the girl, awkward that someone is acting like that. "P-Please stand up." I whisper in a lower voice, blush creeping up on my face.

"It seems you are famous, Sakura-chan!" Shisui chuckles at me, ignoring my glaring. "Come on, Kakashi is waiting." I nod and jog behind Shisui.

"Don't be ridiculous." I shake my head nudging him slightly. "She knows me because I trained Suna Medics several months ago." I roll my eyes and Shisui chuckles. "Ne, Shisui." He looks at me. "What's wrong with Itachi? He has been acting weird lately...And he told me about the marriage... Isn't he supposed to be happy?"

Shisui does not say anything, his eyes casted down, as if he is hiding something from me. He sighs, finally looking at me. But his orbs are filled with sadness, guilt.

"Well..." He starts in a low voice, whispering. "Itachi... Yes, he likes Izumi and was always fascinated by her, but..." Shisui bites inside of his cheek before continuing talking. "But... He always had deeper feelings for someone else." I look confused at him. I have never imagined Itachi with someone else. "I have noticed it long ago, but chose not to comment on it. He had not even told me about it, but I did notice, so he saw no point in hiding it from me." Shisui starts blabbering.

"Does the girl know?" I ask confused. Shisui looks at me with raised eyebrows. "Does the girl know about Itachi's feelings? Or does even Izumi knows what is going on?"

"No and no." Shisui shakes his head. "It seems that the girl does not feel same about Itachi. Never did and we doubt that she will ever do. She has someone else special in her heart." I nod. "While... I don't think telling Izumi-chan that he loved another would be wise. Itachi thinks that he will manage to completely and utterly fall in love with Izumi-chan and learn to love her, like he loves another girl, who can never be his." Shisui looks down.

"But..." I whisper in a low voice. Confused. I was like Itachi once and then everything clicked back into places. Nearly. If I did not try to move on, if I had not started having feelings for Gaara, and after his death if I had not been engulfed into guilt and shame, I might have given him a chance. And he might not have waited till last moments to tell me that he loved me. Yet, he did and even when he tried to tell me about his feelings with actions, I have always dismissed it. Dismissed him. And in the end, I was regretting it with my whole might.

"Sometimes it is better to let go, Sakura-chan." Shisui smiles sadly at me, ruffling my pink hair. "Sometimes, it is better to move on and find the one for you." He states again. "I know that Itachi might never completely fall in love with Izumi-chan, or forget about the girl, but at least, he will have some happiness in his life." Shisui smiles again.

***

"Haruno Sakura?" Raikage asks surprised as soon as I step inside the meeting hall. It is large and beautiful. I nod my head to him."I am surprised that Konoha has sent its legendary Shinobis all at once." He states bewildered.