Chapter Forty - Five

"You sure, you gonna be okay?" I ask hundredth times, as I pack my backpack. Sasori sighs, leaning against the bed frame. He looks at me annoyed, his eyes drifting from me to the window.

"Yeah." He mumbles before sitting up. "I will be with Ibiki-san." Sasori adds with slight hesitation. "Are you going to be okay, though?" He asks me with concern. I look at him confused, not knowing what he is talking about. "You are going to see Uchiha, brat. Basically, whole village knows what you feel for him." Sasori smirks at my blush.

"I-I am f-fine." I stutter and shake my head, irritated. "This is not about Sasuke, Sasori." I roll my eyes and take a final look on my belongings. "This is another ANBU mission. I have to do it good. And besides, I am not the captain this time. Yamato is. And it is not up t me, what we will be doing." I chuckle and tilt my head towards him. "Though, I don't think he will manage to control Naruto." I say once again, annoyed.

"Have you two talked?" Sasori stands up, approaching a window with longing eyes. "You two seem to be pretty close before." His voice trails off.

"We are siblings." I shrug my shoulder and grin. "We had to be close. But ever since he left... Just too much happened for him to keep up." I add with lower voice. I sigh and rub my temples. "He does not understand why I do the things, I do. And I don't think, he will ever be able to comprehend them." I whisper again.

"Why?" Sasori looks at me, concern written across his wooden features.

"We are just too different." I shrug my shoulders. "He seems the world in light colors, ignoring the darkness. While I see the both sides." I sigh once again as I sit on the bed. "He wants to become Hokage, but he does not realize what it takes to be one."

"And you do?" Sasori sits next to me and sighs, when I nod. "Sakura, do you want to become Hokage?"

"No." I shake my head, chuckling. He looks at me confused. "Being Hokage means too much paperwork and not action. I want to protect the village from inside and outside. And I won't be able to do so, if I choose that profession." I sigh closing my eyes. "I just... I want my precious people to be safe. I want Naruto to know what he is signing up for." I crack my eyes open, only to see Sasori nodding his head. "And I... I always believed that Itachi would be next Hokage." I admit with small smile.

"But he left the village?" Sasori lies down and I lie next to him, staring up at the white ceiling. "What happened with Itachi? Why did he leave the village?"

"You don't know?" I turn my head to him as he shakes his head. I sigh and look back at the ceiling. "I don't know, honestly. One day he just decided that this village was not good enough for him." I rub my eyes and sit up. "But I don't think that it is all. I just... I want to find the truth." Sasori nods.

"I was thinking..." Sasori starts and sits up as well, smile on his lips. "As I always said, art is immortal." He starts and looks at me. "I decided to teach you the immortal art. When you return, I will teach you puppetry." Without meaning it, I hug him tightly.

"Thank you." I mumble into his red hair. He chuckles and gently pushes me away.

***

"What do you want, Uchiha?" I look at him annoyed, as I continue treating my wounds. Sasuke does not say anything, but he sits next to me. His eyes are focused on my glowing hands. I try to ignore his presence altogether and focus on the wounds.

"So..." He starts in low, barely audible voice. I look at him, confused. "You and...Gaara?" His voice is broken, as if I have betrayed him. I raise my eyebrows at him, but nod. "Why?"

"What do you mean?" I ask confused. He sighs and rubs his face.

"Why would you choose him over me?" Sasuke whispers in a low voice and looks directly in my eyes. "I...You...Loved me." He finishes as I sigh in defeat.