Chapter Twenty-One

"Sakura-chan..." Naruto shakes his head and smiles at me. "You should not be so careless about your life." He adds with a sigh, making me chuckle.

"But I am fine, aren't I?" I giggle at his annoyed face and look back at the ongoing battle. I punch one of the monsters running at our direction and throw him away. "I just could not let anything harm you." I shrug my shoulders as I block another one.

"I can defend myself, Sakura-chan." Naruto mumbles as he attacks the enemy. "You should care about yourself. You are the best medic, remember? We need you." He adds as he attacks once again.

"And as I medic, I will not let the future father of my godchild to die." I speak through gritted teeth.

Today is the day.

Today is the day when supposed massacre should happen. I sigh as I force myself to get up from the bed. As soon as I am done dressing, Naruto bangs on my door, running in my room.

"Wake up, Sakura-chan!" He shouts loudly, only then noticing that I am ready to leave. He grins sheepishly and scratches his head. "Come on, Sakura-chan, Ibiki-teme would be angry if we are late to academy, again." He shrugs tiredly and runs downstairs towards the kitchen.

Maybe, I still can have a family.

***

"Ne, Naruto, let's take Sasuke home." I suggest with large smile plastered on my face. Me and Naruto stayed over to Sasuke quite a lot, so he just nods. Sasuke sighs, mumbling something underneath his breath. "What? I could not make it, Sasuke-kun..." I stand next to the Uchiha, who shrugs and looks away.

I guess some things never change...

When we approach Uchiha district, my heart clenches in anticipation. The district is quiet, as usual. But I breath out in relief when we walk inside, with people talking and walking and waving to us.

"What's up, Sakura-chan?" Naruto looks at me confused, but I shake my head, larger grin appearing on my face.

"Sakura-chan!" I turn around towards the source of the voice, grinning from ear to ear when I spot raven haired boy running to our direction.

"Shisui-chan!" I yell back, running towards him and hugging elder boy. Naruto laughs behind me, while Sasuke puffs. Shisui smiles down at me and ruffles my long, pink hair. I have to admit, my hair has gotten too long.

"What are you doing here, Sakura-chan?" Shisui grins down at me and his eyes sparkle when he notices Naruto and Sasuke. "Naruto-chan! Sasu-chan!" He grins down at both boys and ruffles their hair as well.

"We took Sasuke-teme to home!" Naruto nods proudly. Shisui smiles at us, while Sasuke frowns even more. "Come on, Sasuke-teme." Naruto grabs his and mine hands and starts dragging us towards Sasuke's house.

***

"Brat number one and brat number two." Ibiki-sensei calls out as soon as we step in the house. We have stayed over for dinner at Uchihas', as Mikoto-san has demanded, but she informed Ibiki-sensei beforehand, so he would not worry over us.

"What?" I groan as I jump next to him on the sofa. Naruto sits on his other side, grinning up at the Jonin.

"Come with me." He states simply and stands up, leaving the house. I look at Naruto and we both dash after Ibiki-sensei. We walk through the busy streets of Konoha, until we reach our training grounds. When we get there, I look confused around, seeing all of our friends here.

"What's happening, old man?" I turn to Ibiki with confused look glittering in my eyes. I grab Naruto's hand and push him towards me, not knowing what it happening. But I relax a bit, when I see Sasuke, Itachi and Shisui standing nearby with smiles. Fugaku-san and Mikoto-san are also there. Fugaku has his usual, stoic expression, while Mikoto-san is beaming with her smile.

Others are here, too. Smiles on their faces.

"So, as you know we have been living together for a while now." Ibiki-sensei starts and both, me and Naruto nod. "And... while living with you, I somehow got even more attached to you." He sighs tiredly and smiles. I look surprised at him, because he nearly never smiles. "And I have decided to adopt you two." He grins at us.

I look shocked at him, never expecting something like that. I look at Naruto next to me, who is in similar state. But he comes on his mind before I manage and starts crying, hugging Ibiki-sensei tightly. I chuckle at his action and hug them, too. Tears streaming down my face.

I might have started to achieve something...