Chapter Eighteen

"Shisui-san." I tag his sleeve. He looks at me surprised and confused. I have not been so worried about him since our mission, and now I can't even shake off any bad feeling I have. "Can I ask you something?" I look at him with my innocent eyes and pout.

"What is it, Sakura-chan?" Shisui grins at me.

"Can I follow you in every mission?" I ask with large eyes. Shisui looks at me bewildered. He opens his mouth and closes it, not knowing how to tell me no. "I... I have a bad feeling, that something might happen to you." I whisper and let tears flow freely down my face. And..." I sob loudly and let him hug me to his chest. "And I want to be there is something happens. I know how to defend myself, really. I won't be a problem." I promise him with tears still cascading down.

"You don't have to worry, Sakura-chan." He tries to calm me down, but I don't think that even he believes in it. Instead of talking more, he hugs me again, this time tighter than before. I feel his tears falling on my shoulders and head. "I will not die Sakura-chan, I promise."

"Will you come back home?" I whimper and look him in the eyes. "Do you promise to always come back home, unharmed?" I ask again, my whole body trembling from crying. Only the boy in front of me lays the whole future. I just can't let him die.

"I...I promise." He whispers to me and hugs me one more time. I nod, believing his words. Maybe, this time something will change. Maybe, this time, he won't want to kill himself off.

"You know that if something goes on, you can always run, right?" I ask him with more tears in my eyes. I did not know I was so attached to him. "You can always come back home, alive and unharmed." He nods, small, sad smile appearing on his face.

"I know Sakura-chan..." He whispers and smiles at me. "But some things are greater than us." He adds in quite voice.

"No." I shake my head and look at him. Scared. "There is always other way. You don't have to die to do or avoid something. There is always a away from it." I whisper with more tears and put my head on his chest. He pats my head and whispers soothing words to me. As if I don't know better, what he is about to do.

***

Something inside of me tells me that it will be today. It's been two weeks since my talk with Shisui, but I don't believe him to listen to what I have told him. I sigh and get up, I wear my training clothes and put pouch around me, putting kunais and shurikens inside.

Before leaving, I make a water clone of me and disappear into the cherry blossoms.

***

I watch as Shisui tries to put Genjutsu over his clan in order to stop the Coup. I smile at him. He has never been violent one. He is just another victim, another card in other's game. My breathing hitches as he is attacked by ROOT members, but I don't intertwine with fight. Instead, I follow them closely behind, masking my chakra well enough for them not to notice. It actually helps that I don't have large chakra reserves, in this case.

I clench my fists as soon as Danzo appears, ordering others to stay behind. But I know that they will attack. Soon. I can't hear what they are saying, but as soon as I see Danzo dashing towards Shisui, I start making hand-seals.

Tiger. Hare, Boar. Dog. I slam my hands on the ground as I appear in front of Shisui-san.

"Earth Release: Mud Wall!" I should loudly. The large mud wall raises in front of us, getting in the way of Danzo. Shisui looks at me shocked, scared even.

"What are you doing here?!" He demands in angry tone, but before he is able to continue talking, I grab his hand, putting him behind me.

"I don't know how much my prison will last." I whisper and close my eyes. I make another snake hand-seal and slam my hands on the ground once more. "Earth Release : Earth Dome Prison!" I call out, large dome-like earth covering Danzo and his ROOT members entirely.