Chapter Sixty - Six

"Come on, Naruto!" I say irritated as I stand in front of his bedroom. I continue knocking on the wooden door agitated, until the blonde opens it. "We are going to be late, and Sasuke will kill you." I say in dead serious tone.

"I know, Sakura-chan!" Naruto shakes his head, taking final look in the mirror before turning back and smiling at me. "Come on, we can't be late on Itachi's wedding." I shake my head, amused as I follow him behind.

We join members of Akatsuki, Ibiki, Anko and Genma downstairs as we all have decided to go together in the wedding. Kakashi, Shizune and Tsunade will get there together, while Sai is accompanying Ino.

"You look beautiful, Sakura." Deidara remarks as soon as I step down. I grin looking down at my cream colored dress with flowers. My hair is longer, reaching my lower spine, as I have not cut it for two years.

"Come on, brats." Ibiki shakes his head and starts walking. "We don't want to be late for the wedding, do we?" I chuckle and start following Ibiki behind.

***

"I love you, Sakura." Itachi whispers in my ear, his eyes filled with sadness. I open my mouth, taking a step back and staring at older Uchiha with shocked expression. "I have always loved you." He whispers again and looks down at the floor. "I...I know that you don't feel same... I know that you love Sasuke." He whispers in broken tone. "But I needed to say this. I needed to tell this to you, before it was too late for me."

"I...I am sorry, Itachi." I whisper as I look down at my hands. "I am sorry, I can't return the feelings." I add with slight hesitation. I know that I don't love him, I know who my heart belongs to, but I can't shake of the feeling as if I am guilty of something.

"It's okay." Itachi smiles. "You don't have to apologize, if anything, I am sorry for creating awkward situation..." Itachi smiles once again. "I just needed to tell you, how I felt."

I wince at the memory. It happened a year ago, when we returned from the mission, just on Kakashi's coronation day. Sasuke and Naruto left to talk with Sasori and Deidara about recent mission, when Itachi approached to me and asked me if we could talk.

I have not seen him for a long time. After that conversation, he began taking more and more missions outside of Konoha, rarely coming back. But now, he had no option as it was his own wedding to attend.

I grab Sasuke's hand gently, smiling at the beautiful ceremony in front of me. Izumi is talking down the aisle with long white Kimono, that has Uchiha Symbol on it's back. The kimono is decorated with flames, dancing around the bride.

"It's beautiful." I whisper in a low voice as I look at Sasuke. He turns to me, smiling at me, before leaning forward and kissing my temple.

Itachi is standing by the aisle, his face emotionless, but small smile on his lips. His kimono is long, dark blue with leaves painted on them. His long hair is not in his usual pony-tail and he looks calmer. His eyes are fixed on Izumi, but for a second his gaze meets mine and he offers me a small, sad smile before turning back to his bride.

I smile at the scene as I my eyes drift to Shisui, who is standing behind Itachi as his best man. He is making weird faces while watching the scene in front of him. I look at Naruto next to me, who is holding Hinata-chan's hand lovingly.

I let a large smile appear on my lips as I watch people around me. Only now I manage to realize that I have managed it. I have managed to change the future, I have managed to give them lives they wanted.

"Sakura...?" Sasuke whispers in my ear, seeing my face with the mixture of emotions. "Are you alright?"

"I am just happy." I whisper back, looking at him and gently kissing him. "I want our wedding to be a bit tad different, though." I add with a smirk before turning back at the ceremony. But I did not miss deep blush forming on his face.