Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Naruto?" I look at the blonde, who is playing Ninja with three academy students. I approach baka with sweet smile on my lips. "Hey, Naruto!" He looks at me, horrified, as if I caught him while committing a crime. "What are you doing here? We have to meet sensei." I add in a bit irritated voice. I have been awake for a long time, having slept only for four hours. On my day off.

"Ne, boss, is she your girlfriend?" One of the kids, Konohamaru asks in skeptical tone.

"No." I smile down at the boy, already waiting for is insult. "I am his sister, though." I add with sweeter smile on my lips.

"Good, you look ugly anyways." He comments and looks away from me.

"Ne?" I ask with chuckle, while Naruto starts chasing down the boy, screaming that his sister simply can't be ugly. I follow the two boys, knowing perfectly that they are bump into Sand Siblings.

"Watch it, brat." Kankuro's voice fills my ears as soon as I turn. Kankuro is holding Konohamaru by collar, ignoring Naruto's yelling. "Maybe I should kill you now and here." He adds in venomous tone.

"Put down the kid." I say in irritated tone, feeling that it is too early for all these. He looks up at me, checking me out and throwing poor Konohamaru on the ground. He crawls towards us, hiding behind me and Naruto. "You should not behave like that, while in the foreign country, taking in our villages' tender relationship." I say in warning tone.

"Stop, Kankuro." Temari pleads as soon as Kankuro takes a step forward. But he does not listen. He is about to take another step, when rock flies in his head. We all look up, only to see smirking Sasuke standing on the branch.

"Now, I am going to kill you." Kankuro declares, taking out his puppet. But before Gaara has a chance to talk, I appear behind him, kunai on his throat.

"You make a single move and I will kill you." I whisper in his ear, making him shiver. I love this guy and we have formed a close friendship during my last time, but he needs to be taught a lesson or two. He gulps, freezing on his place.

I take down my kunai and take a step back, giving him space to breath out in relief. He semi-turns to me and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Tch." We all look towards Gaara. He looks angry, bloodthirsty. He looks nothing like the boy, I managed to befriend. "You are disgrace to our village, Kankuro." He states flatly, before we appears next to us with his sand. He looks at me and then at Kankuro, who is trying to explain that we started everything. "Stop. Before I kill you." Naruto gapes at his words, hardly imagining someone threatening their own teammates. Sasuke grips his hands around his kunai tighter, his eyes fixed on me. "We are leaving." Gaara states and turns around towards me.

"Show me your passes." I state with my hand ready to take the paper. Temari nods, showing me their passes. I nod and return them. "You may go." I say in monotone voice and walk past them.

"Stop." Gaara's voice stops me, just when I am about to stand next to my boys. I turn towards him with raised eyebrows. "What's your name?" He asks me in dangerous calm tone.

"Sakura." I state and look over Sasuke.

"What about you?" Gaara turns to Sasuke, demanding answer from him.

"Shouldn't you tell yours first?" Sasuke asks in smirking face. Gaara grunts, but nod nonetheless.

"Gaara. Subaku No Gaara." He looks at Sasuke with tired look in his eyes. I know that he is smarter than he leads others believe. But I can't get their fight out of my head. I remember how he crushed Lee, how he lost control. Yet, I also remember how he died, how he helped. How we talked, how he gained my trust and I remember him dying, again.

"Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke." He states proudly. I smirk at him and turn around.

"Come on, boys. We have to meet Sensei." I call out behind, to gain Sasuke's and Naruto's attention. They start following me as we start walking towards our usual bridge.

***

"You think it is good decision?" Asuma asks his father with skeptical tone. Third raises his eyebrows and looks at his son. "To put all of our clan heirs in the exam?"

"They can take care of themselves, Asuma." Third smiles at his worried son. "You are not worried for your, or Kurenai's team, are you?" Third asks, knowing perfectly well that their children are not the ones, they are worried about. Other senseis look at the two Sarutobi, waiting for the things to continue in front of them.

"Yes." Asuma nods and looks around, his eyes stopping on Kakashi. "I don't think it will be a good idea to let Team Seven participate." He says in one breath, feeling guilty to say this about his best friend's team.

"Why so?" Third asks, waiting for any kind of reaction from Kakashi. But the silver haired man says nothing. He knows that no matter what, his team will participate. They need Sakura in solo missions, they plan to put her in wet jobs. And despite the fact that Kakashi knows that all three of his genins are able to pass, he wants to give them more time. Give Sakura more time.

"He has Jinchuriki of Nine-tailed." Asuma starts in low voice. "Second son of Uchiha's Clan leader." He continues in similar tone. "And Haruno Prodigy." He finishes and looks from Kakashi to Third. "Taking in their last mission outside of the Konoha and how, Naruto lost control, Sasuke nearly died and Sakura killed Demon Brothers... I do think that they need more time."

"I can't agree." Kakashi speaks up, anger flaring inside of him. They could blame things on him, but he knows what his team is capable of. "Naruto did not lose control, he controlled his powers." His voice is deadly, KI floating around him. "Sasuke activated his Sharingan." He continues with deadly tone. "And Sakura has been in this field ever since she turned four. They more than just deserve to participate in this exams." Kakashi sighs and looks at Hokage. "I take the full responsibility of my team."

"They are not ready mentally, Kakashi." Asuma continues.

"Try telling that to them, Asuma." Kakashi chuckles. "Especially to Sakura, who has been training with Naruto and Sasuke ever since the academy." He chuckles once again. "They are strong. They know how to work in teams. They even have combo attacks." Kakashi chuckles once again.

***

"Chunin exams?" I ask with smile brightening up my face. Kakashi nods, giving us the forms. He clears his throat and looks over the three of us.

"I.. I want to say something." I look at him confused. He has never given us a speech before. "No matter what you decide, go or not, I want you to know that I will be proud of you nonetheless." He looks down on us and I know he is thinking about his team, he had once lost. "I have watched you grow." He mumbles and smiles at us. "Especially you." Kakashi looks at me and I nod. "I am proud of what all of you have achieved and I know that you will manage to pass your exams." Kakashi starts in serious tone. "And I want you to know that no matter what, I will never stop being your friend and sensei."

I look at man with teary eyes. In the first time, he left me at first, abandoned me. And then, he came back asking for forgiveness. And now. He is here. He is with us. And he cares.

"We love you, sensei." I mutter loudly and hug Kakashi tightly. I have learnt how to forgive and love people again during that ten years of war. And now, I am not going to waste my time holding grudges about them. Kakashi pats my head as other two boys join the hug. Well, Naruto drags Sasuke over to us and I force him to hug us.

"I love you too, kids." Kakashi whispers in barely audible voice. But we hear it, tightening our hug on him. After all, he took us in. And after all, we are his first and only team. We are people, who proved him worthy of his time. Ninjas, who will change the world.