Chapter Sixty - Four

I watch in awe as Minato is talking to Naruto. Even though, he has not known him for a long, their connection is instant. Even from the single glance, you can understand that they are family and hold love towards one another.

"Sakura-san." I look up, gaping slightly when I see Sage of Six Path standing in front of me. I can see eyes following us as he smiles at me. I bow my head a little, thankful for him to give me a chance to correct everything. "Thank you." He whispers in a low voice, startling me. "You have saved Shinobi world. And you have fulfilled your mission." He whispers with another small smiles.

I nod once again and with final smile, he turns away going towards Naruto and Sasuke. Itachi stands next to me, his eyes widen a bit.

"Sage of The Six Path?" He asks me confused. I nod, smiling at the old man, who is currently talking with Uchiha and Uzumaki. "What mission was he talking about?" He asks me in a low voice, unsure if he is allowed to ask such thing.

"He had a small mission for me." I answer vaguely. I look at Itachi and smile kindly at him. Now, that I know about his feelings about me, everything makes more sense to me. Yet, I can't find myself falling in love with him. For me, Itachi is like another brother. "He told me to keep Sasuke and Naruto safe."

***

Everyone is on a bright mood. The war is over and they can return to their normal lives. Well, as normal as life can get after the war. But it is not important. What I deem important is the fact, that they are all alive. That they can laugh, talk, cry.

I turn around away from people, and start walking silently, alone.

I sit on one of the cliffs that are nearby and look over the horizon. The sun is setting, creating beautiful array of colors. The ground is tattered, yet it still looks serene and calming. I close my eyes and let the tears flow down freely.

Tears escape my grip, cascading down my face, leaving wet stains behind. For the first time, ever since I have returned, I let myself cry from the future, I managed to avoid. I let myself cry over the people, I have lost, friends, family, lovers. I let myself cry on the fact, that Konoha was destroyed, taking my parents with it. I cry over the fact, that the war destroyed me. Destroyed my life. And even though, I have created the new future, the scars of it will always hunt me down. I cry over the fact, that no matter how hard I will try, I will never be able to forget Madara's crazed eyes, I will never be able to forget the sheer fear of losing my best friends, mentors. I will never forget Sai's last words, Tsunade's last breathe, Kakashi's face before he died. I will never be able to forget the happy look on Madara's face, when he destroyed the base. How he made it my present for the birthday.

I know that my mind is scarred. And I know that I will never be able to disclose this to anyone. Because, no matter how much I will want it, I won't be able to tell them that I changed their future, that I saved their lives.

I cry over the fact, that no matter what happens, I will be left alone with my nightmares, and no one will ever be able to help me through them. No one will be able to hold me tight and make me feel as if they understand what goes in my mind. They will never be able to truly decipher the fear of losing someone that is inside of me.

"Sakura...?" I look up, startled, wiping tears away from my face. Naruto and Sasuke are standing side by side, their eyes focused on me.

"What happened?" Sasuke asks in a low voice and sits next to me, taking my hand and softly squeezing it. Naruto sits on my other side, taking my hand as well and squeezing it with a large smile.

"N-nothing." I whisper with a soft smile as Sasuke wipes away remaining of my tears. "I am just happy." I whisper in a low voice once again and look at the horizon. "And I am scared a bit." I admit with a sigh. Both boys look at me confused, not understanding what I mean. "I am scared of the future." I admit and close my eyes. "Do...What are your dreams?" I whisper. I want to know how much has actually changed.

"I..." Naruto starts in a low voice and closes his eyes, smiling sadly. "I want to have a family." He whispers with sheepish smile. "And I actually like someone." He whispers once again. "Hinata." I squeeze his hand softly, smiling at him, as Sasuke offers him a smirk. "I... I want to become elite Jonin, be in the ANBU team and have my own genin team one day." I look at him surprised.

"What about becoming Hokage?" I ask surprised. It has always been his dream. To be acknowledged.

"I always wanted to become one, so that people could acknowledge me." Naruto shrugs his shoulders. "But now, I have people who believe in me. I... I don't think that I am actually suitable for becoming Hokage, Sakura." He shakes his head, chuckling. "While you on the other hand." He wiggles his eyebrows and stops, once I nudge him gently.

"You should become Hokage after Kakashi-sensei, Sakura-chan." Naruto smiles at me, wiggling his eyebrows. "You are more suitable for this position, than anyone I have ever known."

"What about you, Sasuke-kun?" I turn towards Uchiha, who is blushing madly. He smiles, putting his head on my shoulder.

"I want to have a family with certain pink haired girl." He whispers in a low voice. I blush at his words, small smile tugging my lips. "I... I want to become Head of ANBU." He says in a low voice. "What about you, Sakura?" The way he says my name sends chills down my spine, making me blush even deeper.

"I..." I smile looking down at my lover and then at Naruto. "I think my dream has not changed. I want to protect my home and people, I hold dear." I whisper with a small smile. They both nod. And we all look at the horizon, towards the bright future.

"Someday, when the war is over." Sasuke starts talking in a low voice. I look at him, rising my eyebrows. "Things will be different." He says as he smiles at me. "I...Can you give me a chance?" He asks in awkward tone. "Can you ever give me a chance, again? I... I love you, Sakura and I want to have family with you after the war, because you mean a lot to me." He whispers as he approaches me and plants a soft kiss on my forehead. "I don't care about your state." He refers about the fact, that I can't have children. His statement surprises me, considering how much he wanted to have his clan revived. "I don't care about bloodline. I just care about you." He whispers once again.