Chapter Thirty - Seven

"Girlie." I hear a familiar tone and turn around, only to clash with the Sand nin from yesterday. He looks beaten up, which should be because of me. I smirk proudly at my actions. "I will kill you." He comes running to me with kunai in his hands.

"Sakura! Be careful!" Kakashi yells loudly and I smile gently at his caring. But instead of answering him, I jump away, avoiding each and every attack of his.

"Water Shurikens!" I shout once again as water shurikens attack Sand nin. I smirk as scratches appear on his body, but it seems to annoy him even more.

"Blade of wind!" He shouts attacking me with his special technique. I am thrown back with large wound on my stomach. I gulp, coughing out the blood from my mouth. He approaches me with the intent to kill me.

Tiger.

I can't die.

Ox.

I can't die now.

Monkey.

I can't die here.

Rabbit.

I have so much to do.

Ram.

I have to see Tsunade-sama, once again.

Ox.

I have to prevent Sasuke from leaving.

Horse.

I have to prevent Akatsuki from taking Gaara away.

Monkey.

I have to fight against Sasori.

Tiger.

I have to fulfill my goals.

Dog.

I have to save Konoha.

Tiger.

And I can't die in his hands.

Ox. Monkey. Rabbit. Bird.

"Water Release : Giant Water Vortex!" I shout loudly finishing the hand-seals as water vortex appears behind me, taking the sand nin down. I stumble once again, drained from too much use of Chakra.

"Sakura!" I hear someone call my name, before once again I am engulfed into darkness.

Maybe I am not strong after all.

***

I bite my lip as I stand in front of Third's grave. I could have prevented it. But I did not open my mouth. I did not warn them about the attack. I chose to let the some things flow in normal pace. True, Uchihas and Hyugas being alerted saved a lot of lives.

But here I am, again.

I am standing in the front rows, Ibiki at one side with Naruto at another. Tears are streaming down my face slowly. Ibiki puts his hand on my shoulder and side hugs me gently. I put my face in his arm and sob loudly.

It is all my fault.

***

"Haruno Sakura?" Tsunade-sama asks me skeptically, eyeing me carefully. It seemed that Third was waiting for something like this to happen, because he left whole folder about me. Filled with remarks and what should be done with me.

"Hai, Hokage-sama." I bow slightly at her. I can't stop a large smile on my face. When she first arrived, I could not contain tears of joy. After all, Tsunade-sama was a mother figure in my life. Someone, I could trust with everything. Someone, I have loved with my whole life.

"The files state that your abilities are of ANBU." Tsunade looks at me carefully. "They also state that you are fast learner and have perfect Chakra control. You even manage to land chakra enhanced punch, like me." I nod, gulping. "Also, that you saved one of the ANBU with your medical ninjutsu." I nod again, embarrassed. "Explain."

"W-well..." I gulp down, rubbing my head. "I... I read about them in the books and decided to try out." I whisper and sigh. "The first time I tried Chakra Enhanced punch, I broke my hand." I admit defeated and look away from her. "And I... I want to study Medical Ninjutsu and when I saw Hayate-san dying, something just kicked in. I know that I should not have experimented on him." I look down and don't dare to look at the woman in front of me.

"Sakura, Third left message to put you in ANBU as fast as possible." Tsunade rubs her temples. "But I have a better idea." I look up at her with confused glint in my eyes. "Do you want to be my apprentice?"

"Yes!" I shout loudly, not being able to hold myself. I blush and sit back down. "Sorry." Tsunade chuckles and shakes her head.

"Okay, then." She smirks. "You will train under me with the rank of Chunin. And when I deem you ready, you will be joining ANBU."

How do I manage ending up back in ANBU every time, I am given a chance to live?