Chapter Ten

"So, listen brat." Anko-san starts talking harshly, with smug grin on her face. Shisui-san is standing nearby observing us. "Hell viewing technique is pretty easy." She smiles at me and then back at Shisui-san, who nods in agreement. "It's D-ranked. And it has only two hand seals."

Snake. Rat.

I nod in understanding. Anko-san nods back and starts making hand seals.

"Hell Viewing Technique." She whispers. I can feel dread filling my guts. I look around and spot them. Piles of them. Dead. I take a step back, shaking my head. This is not real.

This is not real.

"Kai!" I yell loudly, breaking out of the genjutsu. Anko-san looks at me, impressed and smiles at me, while Shisui-san continues observing me quietly. I can sense Itachi's faint chakra in one of the trees. But I am too focused on the task at hands to care about hiding Itachi. I look at Anko and without waiting for her response, start making hand seals. Snake. Rat. "Demonic Illusion : Hell Viewing Technique!" I yell loudly and I feel it. I see it on Anko-san's and Shisui-san's faces. Confusion, recognition and fear.

"Kai!" Shisui manages to get out of it with the help of his eyes, while Anko-san keeps trying it again and again, fruitlessly. I look at Shisui-san, and he breaks her out of it. Anko-san looks at me with wide eyes, confusion and pride visible in his orbs.

"I have never seen anyone using it in such strong way." Anko-san whispers and smiles at me. I have never seen such gentle smile on her face. Usually they are masochistic smiles. "I think we can make something out of you. Again!"

***

"Ne, Sakura-chan." Anko jumps next to me, her purple hair in usual style. She leans and grins in sadistic way. "Aren't you excited?"

"About?" I raise my eyebrows and smile at the strange woman next to me. She shrugs her shoulders and takes one of the dangos from my plate with a huge grin.

"I heard Naruto and Jiraya are returning." Her words bring unwanted smile upon my lips. I look at her skeptically and she cackles. "They are, though I don't know when. But they will come back, soon." She giggles like maniac. "Will you tell him you are  medic and work in T&I occasionally?" She asks me with a large smile, which would make a lot of chunnins cry.

"I don't know." I shrug my shoulders and smirk. "I don't see why I have to tell him." I take a dango and bite it. "It has nothing to do with either Naruto, or Kakashi-sensei." I add in calm, dangerous tone, I have learnt from Ibiki-san.

"You are alive!" Inoichi-san exclaims loudly and shakes his head. I look at him confused as I see traces of worry all over his face. "They." He motions at Anko-san and Shisui-san. "Have brought you half dead and deprived from chakra."

"It was my fault, Inoichi-san." I rub my head and smile. "I overworked myself without good night sleep." I add and grin. "They did not know I was tired, because I did not tell them."

"Okay." He sighs and looks at them. "Now, leave us alone, please." Anko-san and Shisui-san nod, leaving the room and closing the door behind them. "Now, Sakura-chan..." I gulp. "Tell me about your parents..."

***

I come out of Inoichi-san's office more tired, than I was before. I smile, when I spot Anko-san and Shisui-san sitting side by side, throwing insulting remarks back and forth. It's fun watching two of them engage in argument about trivial thing such as dango.

"Ah, Anko-san, Shisui-san." I call out, gaining their attention. "You did not have to wait up for me." I whisper with a blush tainting my face. Inoichi-san is standing behind me, looking at two teenagers in front of us.

"Nonsense!" Anko-san shouts loudly and grins. "Ibiki would have my head served to him on plate, if I left you here." She chuckles like a maniac and smiles at me.

"And I could not leave you alone, with her." Shisui-san sighs and smiles at me. "So, Sakura-chan, how did it go?"