2. Realisation & Him

🎶Heart of Stone - Iko.🎶

Do vote and comment.

"Elijah?" I whispered.

I kept staring at the person, who looked just like the guy who I was in irrevocably in love with.

Just like the guy, who was no more with us.

Just like Elijah, who wasn't there with me anymore.

No, it wasn't possible at all. I was there when they buried him. I saw his body. This couldn't be him. Such thoughts kept rambling at the back of my head as I continued staring at the gorgeous human being with my lips parted.

Was he the guy Max kept warning me about? Several thoughts were jumbling up in my mind like a tornado.

He looked just like him, but the few things that clearly differentiated him from Elijah were his voice and eyes.

Elijah had electrical blue eyes whereas this guy right here, in flesh and blood had green. His voice was way more husky than Elijah's, but other than that — they looked the same.

Was somebody playing with me?

I just wanted to run away.

"I'm really sorry. Are you hurt?" he questioned once again and I couldn't find myself replying to his question, and so he continued. "You look a little pale, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I- I really didn't mean to,"

The pain in my elbow was nothing compared to the pain in my heart at that moment. The realisation hurt me a lot. He wasn't my Elijah, he was somebody else. A lone tear fell down from my eye without my permission.

After so long, I wanted to cry my heart out.

I couldn't even believe my own eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't cry!" he was on full panic mode by now. I took a deep breath and with a shaky breath I tried replying to him.

"I-Its-" I couldn't find myself to speak more. I let out a sob.

I mentally cringed at my at my own voice. Gosh, this wasn't supposed to happen.

I didn't even know what I was supposed to say. I just knew what I was feeling. A lost puppy.

"Hey, hey!" He bent down on his knees and wiped my tears with his fingers.

This action might not mean much to him but for me, it was everything.

It was like Elijah was back again, in flesh & blood. "Please forgive me. You came out of nowhere, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you or else I would've tried to avoid this from happening." he rambled.

Of course, he was nervous and if I were in his position, I would be panicking too.

But deep down, I was hyperventilating.

Was I about to pass out?

I took a deep breath. "I-It's fine. I'm okay." I couldn't recognise my own voice myself. It sounded so hurt..shallow. Full of pain.

I tried standing up, and with a lot of efforts, I achieved my goal.

My elbow hurt a lot but I didn't let it show on my face.

I picked up my bag and started walking towards my locker without saying anything else to him.

Because I knew. I knew that looking at his face again would just urge me to hug him and never let go.