6. Family & Him

🎶Shameless - Camila Cabello🎶

Do vote and comment.

"You decide something and you do exactly the opposite to it. What am I going to do with you, Blaire."

Gracie had been scolding me since past fifteen minutes.

I kind of cracked up in between of her speech a few times and she started again each time, torturing me.

She loved doing that to me.

The whole day she didn't meet me, she even ignored my calls and now that I came to meet her in a Cafe, that too driving, she kept sending snarky remarks at whatever I was doing ever since I had entered the cafeteria.

She stayed silent for the first ten minutes after we got our orders and once I told her about the situation with Noah, she immediately started scolding me like I was kid.

"Well, I didn't want to be rude to him. I just...I couldn't." I whispered the last part.

"Well, get your facts cleared, Blaire. He is not Elijah. I hope you know that. Elijah isn't coming back ever!"

And as soon as she said that, I gave her one of the meanest and disgusted looks I could have ever formed.

What has got her panties into a twist? I thought to myself.

"Why do you keep telling me this, Gracie? I know he's not Elijah and I treat him as Noah, not Elijah yet you keep on speaking about them whenever we meet." I frowned at her while complaining about her behaviour.

"You just..why do always take away people from me?" she exclaimed out of nowhere.

To be shocked would be an understatement. I felt as if I was getting getting arrested for a crime I didn't commit.

"What the heck do you mean by that?" I questioned with a scowl on my face.

This isn't going good, I kept thinking.

"I said what I said, Blaire. If I want to score an A in a subject why do you always end up with an A+? Huh. I've only liked Max till now and you've taken him away from me as well! What did you do to make him like you as well?" she glared at me as she spoke rubbish.

So this is about Max, I scoffed mentally.

I rolled my eyes at her snarky remarks. "Oh, I didn't realise my so called best friend since past few years was actually jealous of my achievements-" she cut me off in between with a scoff.

"Well, god bless your idiotic soul for thinking such bullshit stuff, Gracie." I spat.

"Anyway, I score good because I've got brains and it's in my genes. And scoring low for somebody else. Especially for people like you would be a complete waste. Right?" I stood up from my chair, quickly collecting my stuff which was spread all over the table and once I was done I scoffed as I took a look at her expressions.

She had her arms crossed just above her stomach as she continued throwing daggers at me with her eyes.

Sucks to be her.

But then she said something which basically ended our so called bond immediately right there. "I'm glad Elijah's dead. You didn't deserve him anyway, he was far better for a selfish girl like you."

I stayed strong.

I didn't let her words get to my head. I straightened up from and quickly rolled my eyes at her. "Something has gotten into you, Gracie. Oh, yeah. Rejection. It's sucks, hon." I started walking away from her but then I turned back.