18. Ice Creams & Him

🎶 Day Dreaming - Jack & Jack.🎶

Do vote and comment.

I had been trying to sleep since past two hours but sleep wasn't really being my friend at that moment.

It was two in the morning but because I woke up late today, I wasn't feeling sleepy at all.

You wake up late, you sleep late; Instant karma.

But it seemed like the almighty actually listened to my prayers because just as I let out a groan in boredom, my phone started ringing and when I looked at the caller ID, I grinned like a kid receiving a gift they had desired in Christmas.

"Hey, why are you up this late?" I questioned, smiling slightly.

"Apparently the girl I've been wanting to spend time with since so many days suggested me to fall asleep because I was a little tired." his voice trailed.

"She had promised me she would wake me up at the time of dinner but she didn't actually wake me up at all," he exclaimed, making me let out a small chuckle. "and went back home. She ditched me and now here I am, heartbroken." he stated with a hint of disappointment, yet amusement lacing in his voice. I pouted slightly.

"Well, the girl must've thought that you looked too adorable to be disturbed. Plus, you were sleeping like a baby and I didn't really feel like waking you up." I said and he instantly let out a huff in response.

"I'm sorry, Noah. You were asleep and I didn't feel like waking you up at all." I apologised and heard him sigh.

He sounded really disappointed.

"You have no idea how badly I had been waiting to spend time with you and you didn't even wake me up." he muttered.

"Noah.." my voice trailed as I continued. "You looked really exhausted and this is why I didn't wake you up. Also, just keep this in your mind that there's nothing more important than your health."

"This still doesn't-" I cut him off.

"What would you have done if you were in my place? Supposedly, I've been working really hard since past one month to the brim of being completely exhausted. Would you wake me up too?" I questioned.

He took a pause for a few seconds until I heard him murmur a no.

Of course!

"I can't even meet you tomorrow, Blaire. I have to go meet my Aunt before going away for the tournament and I really-really wanted to meet you." he mumbled, his voice lacing with disappointment, and it made me feel really guilty.

I let out an involuntary sigh.

He would be gone for days and I wouldn't even get to see his face.

Gosh, this is so disappointing. I thought to myself.

But soon I found myself saying."Meet me now?" I suggested.

"Right now?" he questioned and I smiled, nodding my head yes even though he couldn't see it.

"Yeah, right now."

I heard some shuffling over the line. "I'm coming." and as soon as I heard those words I started grinning like the same kid on Christmas, who now got a large piece of cake.

"And Noah?" my voice trailed.

"Yeah?" he questioned.

"Bring ice cream as well."