10. Dinner & Him

🎶Ended up Drowning - Riverdale Track.🎶

Do vote and comment.

The next few days went in a blur until it was actually Sunday. Noah and I had gotten more close and I was actually enjoying his company.

It kind of made me feel safe,

And it shocked me.

The time was half past two and I was chatting with Max via Skype as I rearranged my wardrobe which had been a complete mess since the past few days because I didn't get the time to set it.

"So, You've decided to meet the guy once again?" I inquired as I hung my dresses on the iron rods.

"Yes, he kind of seemed cute." he exclaimed and I rolled my eyes at him in response.

Max's close friend set him up for a blind date a day before and since then he kept on gushing about the guy as how amazing he looked, smelt and talked.

I never knew Max had this side of him and I was lucky to be one of the people to know this side of him.

"What is his name though?" I questioned.

"Marcel," he replied as a deep blush took place on his cheeks.

"Enough about me. What about you? How are stuff between you & Gracie and you & Noah?" he questioned and I laid on my stomach, staring at the guy who was busy eating chips.

I suddenly felt like eating chips as well.

"Well, I don't understand what has gotten into her and I kind of am glad that I came to know what exactly she had stored inside her heart for me." I shrugged my shoulders and continued.

"And as for Noah. We may have gotten close but I don't understand why does he want to be friends with a girl whose ex just looked like him. I mean, he should act weird around me but he acts just the opposite."

He should be creeped out.

"And what does he act like?" he questioned.

"Well, he acts normally around me and we even talk over phone after school. He's always there waiting for me when the classes are over and what not!" I exclaimed and Max gave me a grin.

"Oh, girl. You're so naive." he laughed and I gave him the finger. Naive, my ass.

"Well, he seems like a nice guy. But, here's this question. Can you imagine him being more than friends with you? Like, do you feel comfortable around him?" he questioned and I frowned.

"At the first two days I just couldn't stop thinking about Elijah whenever I saw him but then.." my voice trailed as my mind wandered off to Noah and after taking a pause for a few seconds, I continued. "He kind of just became Noah for me. Now, I don't think about Eli when I'm with Noah."

"And you're not stuck on Elijah?" he confirmed and I nodded my head with a soft smile.

"I'm not stuck on Eli, Max. It's just I love him as a part of my memory now and everybody knows about it." I shrugged my shoulders at him and he nodded.

I wasn't lying anyway.

"I understand and I ship you both. Just stay safe and I'll see you tomorrow? How about I pick you up for school?" he questioned, instantly receiving a glare from my side which resulted him to raise his hands up in defence.

"I promise I won't forget about you." he stated and I narrowed my eyes at him but then he started with his puppy dog eyes I immediately melted and gave in. This time if he left me, I was so going to whoop his ass.