Chapter 1

(Riley P.O.V)

I was at The Wormhole Coffee searching for an apartment in Chicago for not that much money on my laptop. I came to Chicago a week before the first preseason game that I would be broadcasting. So I could get to know the city.

A man with brown hair walked over to me and asked if anyone was using the other part of my table. I told him no and he asked if he could sit there. I told him he could sit there. He took a seat and put down his drink on the table.

"I like your shirt." he said. I had on a Jonathan Toews shirzy (a t-shirt that looked like a jersey).

"Thanks" I looked up and realize who he was. It was Jonathan Toews, my favorite player. "You're Jonathan Toews!" I said.

"Yes I am and who are you?" he asked.

"Riley Tyler."

"Nice to meet you Riley. Wait just a second, are you the new broadcaster for the Hawks?"

"Yes I am."

"Nice, it's good to meet the girl who is going to be telling the fans all the goals I score."

"Well it's good to meet the guy who scores them."

We both started to laugh at the last thing each other said. Man who knew how funny Toews was? I though. We both stopped laughing.

"So how long have you lived in Chicago?" Jonathan asked.

"Actually, I just moved here today. I was looking for a place to stay at." I replied.

"Really, where are you from?"

"I was born in Grand Rapids, Canada but when I was 11, my family moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I just came from Grand Rapids."

"Wow, your family had a thing for Grand Rapids."

"Yeah"

"Well I got to dash. I got to get to the U.C. for practice. Why don't you give me your number and we can hang out sometime after you get more settled in? I can even show you the city."

"That would be nice." I grabbed a pen and wrote my number along with my name on a napkin that was on the table. I handed it to him. "Bye Miss. Tyler." Jonathan said to me.

"You can call me Riley. Bye Mr. Toews." I said to him, he walked out of the shop and went back searching for an apartment. My phone goes off as a text message came in.

You can call me Jonathan. He texted me. I added his number into my contacts and put a picture of him in with his number. Another text came in from him. Thanks for the wonderful time and welcome to Chicago.

I text him back. Your welcome and thank you.