Chapter 32

(Jonathan's P.O.V)

I was laying on my bed, with my phone on mute. Listening to Q and Hossa. I heard Q tell Riley to come in.

"What's on your mind Riley?" Q asked.

"I was wondering where Jonathan was." she said.

"Oh, he went back to his room for the night." Hossa said.

"Oh, okay." I heard a little sadness in her voice. She really wanted to see me. "Well I will you two alone so you can get game strategies for tomorrow." I heard her get off the bed.

"Actually, we have a question for you." Q said.

I heard her walk back to the bed. "What's your question?" she asked.

"How is he?" asked Hossa.

"Jonathan?" she asked. One of them must of nodded their head yes. "He's definitely there for you. He’s fun."

"Not to be rude or anything but do you like him?" Q asked. 

"Like friend or like, like?"

"Either one."

"I think I love him but I'm just scared."

Oh my god, she does have something for me. I just wanted to unmute the phone and tell her I love her.

"Why are you scare?" Hossa asked.

"Every time I have a boyfriend they leave me for stuff I can't control." Riley said.

"What do you mean?"

"My last boyfriend I had, which was my senior year of high school, I fracture my right collarbone during the playoffs from a really bad hit late in the game. He dumped me because I was injured. My boyfriend before that one dumped me when my not aunt but acted like my aunt Jackie died of skin cancer..."

I could hear her starting to cry. I couldn’t sit in my room anymore listening to her cry in Q's. I put on my shirt, grab my room key and walked out of my room. I ended the call on my phone and shove the key and phone into my pants pocket. I ran down the hallway to Q's room and knock on the door. Hossa opened the door and let me come in. I walked over to the bed and see her weeping. Her face in her hands and her hair over her hands. I pull her hair back and then started to rub her back. She looks up at me with a tear or two.

"Jonathan?" she asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard you crying." I said.

"How? I wasn't crying that loudly."

"We did a phone call and he has been on the other side of the line. Listening to you talking to us about him." Hossa said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Q get off the bed and walked over to Hossa.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because I love you and I didn't know if you love me back. I was to scared to tell you and ask you." I said.

"Oh Jonathan. You should never be scared to tell me anything."

I wrapped my arms around her and just hugged her. She takes her wet hands and put them on me. I rest my head on to of hers. I want her to be my girlfriend. I needed to ask her if she wants to be it.

"Riley, can I ask you a question?" I asked. I was going to do it.

"Sure" she said. I need a lot of courage and I need it quickly.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes"

She grabbed me tighter and I did the same to her. I started to loosen my hug and she did to. She got her phone out and starts to play a song. She looks up at me and I look down at her. Our eyes lock with each other.

"I love you." I said

"I love you too." she said.

When the song was done I whisper in her ear asking what the song was called. She said Heart of Courage because I had a lot of courage to ask her. I look up and saw Q standing there. I forgot we were in his room. Also, Hossa must of left. I get up off the bed and hold my hand out to her. She grabs it we start walking towards the door. I stopped at Q and apologize for taking so long. He said he didn't mind and goodnight. We walk out of the room and we stopped along the wall of the hallway.

"So are you going to lunch with brother tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Not at the moment, why?" she asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go travel the city?"

"Sure, well goodnight Jonathan."

"Goodnight Riley"

She gives me a real quick hug and walks down the hallway. I walk to my room and unlock the door. I go inside and see Kaner on his bed, asleep.