Chapter 27

(Jonathan's P.O.V.)

We shutout the Red Wings, 4-0. After a little celebration in the locker room we all left. I walked outside to see Riley standing there waiting for me. I ran over to her and hugged her with all my strength. I have to tell her I love her. 

I was about to tell her but I heard a voice from the distance saying, "Well, well. Isn't Captain Riley Tyler?" 

Captain? Who was the person? But I could tell Riley knew the person. Her muscles tensioned up. She turned around and said, "Why are you here?"

The person came into the light and I saw it was a guy. "Came to see Red Wings play against the Blackhawks. I always come to these games." he pauses "Who's your new boyfriend?"

"He is not my boyfriend!" she said

He walks over to us and he stops about a foot in front of us.

"It's the Captain, Jonathan Toews. Come on you two are so dating. And can I just say you have a thing for captains of hockey teams." he said

I was so lost and confused.

"Shut up Jim! We are not dating." She untangle herself from my arms and grabs my hand. "Come on let's go." she said. I could tell she was getting mad. We were walking to the car and the guy yells, "Riley and Jonathan, two love birds!"

She stops and turns around. "SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!" she screamed and we continue walking. Now I'm really scared to tell her I'm in love with her. We get into the car and I drove away. She asked me if she could put one of her songs from her phone on and I told her she could. I knew she was mad. She puts her song on and closes her eyes. The song she puts on was very nice, it was an orchestra song. When it was all done, she opened her eyes. I could tell she was much more relaxed. I asked her what the song was called and she said I am the Doctor

I pulled into my parking space at my place. She looks at me weirdly but lets it go. We get out and go into my place. She sits on the couch as I go change. I grab the clothes that she let me wear the one night at her place from my dresser and went to her. I hand them to her and tell her to go change.  She heads towards the bathroom. She comes back out wearing the clothes and holding her suit in her hands. She asked were she could put her suit and I told her on the chair. I walk over to her with two mugs and handed her one of them. She looks at what was in the mug and smiles. I made her some hot chocolate. We walk over to the couch and sat down. She took a sip of it and set the cup on the table. I put my cup down on the table next to hers. She puts her head on my chest. I grabbed the blanket that was sitting on the couch and put it on top of the two of us. My shirt started to get a little wet by where her head was.

"What's wrong Riley? Why are you crying?" I asked.

"Nothings wrong. I'm not crying." she replied.

"Riley, I'm here for you. Does it have to do with that guy earlier?"

"Yes, stupid Jim."

"What was that all about earlier?"

"When I was living in Michigan, me and him went to the same high school. I was captain of the girls ice hockey team all four years. My sophomore year, I kind of fell in love with Bryan Yove, the captain of the boys ice hockey team. Me and Bryan would hang out whenever we could. Jim and his brother, Tim. They would tease me whenever I was with him. The im brothers I called them. When we went off to college. I thought I was done with those two, but nope. Jim and me both went to University of Michigan. Again I was the captain of the girls team. I became really good friends with the boys captain, Kyle Neye. Me and Kyle became brother and sister in a way. Jim would say we were dating even though we weren't. I thought I got rid off him but nope." She finished and put her face to my chest. She started to cry again. I started to rub her back and let her just cry. She cries for about two minutes and when she is done she looks up at me.

"Your shirt is a little wet." she said.

"It's fine." I said.

She grabs my sides and hugs me. She says to me, "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked. She looks up at me.

"Listen to me, lending your 'shoulder' for me to cry."

"Riley, I'm here for you."

She sits up and I took off my shirt. We grabbed are cups of hot chocolate and started to drink them. I turned on the T.V and we watch the highlights from the game.