Chapter 37

(Jonathan's P.O.V)

We walk down the sidewalk to my car and got in. I started to drive to Navy Pier.

"I thought you didn't have any sisters or a brother named Jason." I asked.

"You are correct." she replied.

"Then, why was T.J. calling you his aunt."

"Because I'm like a older sister to Kelly. Her mom and dad are both alcoholics, that is why she said A. Her dad was also a drug attic, that is why she said D. We lived across the street from each other in Michigan. Before she met me, she had no one. Then I came along, my whole family treated her like another sister/daughter.

If she was not at home or school, she was at my house. When we were 12 her parents got a little out of control. There would be some nights where at 10 o'clock at night. She would be at are doorstep in her pj's and had a bag over her shoulder. So in my room that I had all to myself because my big brothers went to college. In the corner of the room I placed two of our beanbags and put a sheet on top of them. Then I cleared out a couple of my drawers in my dresser. I cleaned off on of my racks in my closet. Then the next night she came over. I told her she could bring some clothes and put them in the drawers and closet. Also if she had some blankets and pillows she could put them on her 'bed'. And she did just that." she said.

"Wow, your mom was cool with her coming over whenever?"

"Yeah, Kelly is a sweet girl and my mom didn't like how she was growing up. Kelly believes because of my family she is how she is and not like her parents"

"Got it. So, who is Jason?"

"Jason is her husband. When we were high school the fell in love with each other. They got married at 19 and she had T.J. when she was 20. But Jason is a good guy and is a ton of fun. When T.J. was born I told her that when he gets older, he could call me Aunt Riley and she agreed to it."

"Wow" I said, I was speechless. I pull up to Navy Pier and we got out.