Chapter 17

(Jonathan's P.O.V.)

Next morning

I woke up on the couch, I must of fallen asleep on it. I look down to see Riley on my chest, she must of fall off my shoulder and on to my chest. I look at the clock that was above the T.V. 5:00. I look at the T.V. and that show we were watching was on still. I start to watch it again and it was funny with a guy hang out of the box hanging on for dear life.

I must of fallen asleep again because I woke up again and looked back down at my chest. And Riley was gone. I got off the couch and walked to the bathroom, the room next to it had the door closed. I heard a sound coming from that room. I go up to the door and put my ear on. I started to listen and it sounded amazing. I knock on the door and it stopped. The door opens slowly and Riley's face started to show. Her hair was neatly brushed.

"Jonathan?" she said

"Hey Riley" I said

"You are finally up."

"Yeah, what were you doing?"

"Playing...music"

"May I come in?"

She doesn't say anything but signals for me to come in. It was a medium to small size room, but it had a lot of instruments. She walked over to a shelf sitting against the one wall and grabbed something from it. Then she walked over to the keyboard sitting against a different wall and sat down on the bench. She told me to come sit at the chair near her and sit down. I did what she said, then she told me to close my eyes and tell me what the song is. I closed them and I could her starting to play. The song sounded familir to me, she kept playing it. Then she got to this one part and felt stupid because I just realized what song it was. Chelsea Dagger and it sounded like the real thing, well almost real. It was just a keyboard verus the full band. I start to sing a long with her playing going, duh duh duh da da da duh nuh nuh nuh nuuh. I could hear Riley laughing at me as she continue to play. The song ends and I open my eyes. Holy cow, does she play amazing. I see her just sitting staring at the music. She gets up and takes the music back over to the shelf.

"That was amazing." I said.

"Thanks" she replied.

She comes back with another song in her hand and puts the music on the stand.  I look at the title, Here Come The Hawks. She starts to play and it sounds like the real song. She finished and looked at me with her brown eyes. 

"How did you learn to play so...amazingly?" I asked.

"My dad, he taught me the piano, alto saxophone and trombone. My mom taught me flute and I learn trumpet through school." she replied.

"Wow"

"Yeah. So, breakfast then I can look at your car."

I totally forgot my car broke and that is why I was here. Well one of the reasons. The other one was because of her, she was so cute.

"Yes for the breakfast but shouldn't we take the car to a mechanics?" I ask

"We could but I bet I could fix it." she said. She got off her bench, walked to the door and went out of the room. I just sat in there thinking about her, she was something else. But I had this feeling for her, the feeling of love. I must of sat in there for a long time because she came back and told me breakfast was ready. I follow her into the kitchen, where on the table there were home made waffles and bacon.