Chapter 30

(Jonathan P.O.V.)

Riley put her earbuds on and looked out the window. I put my hand on her lap. She looks at me and smile. I still haven't told her I love her. I really want to tell her but I'm scared. Coach Q came by us and start to talk to us. We got to Toronto and got off the plane. We get in the car and Riley's phone started to ring. 

"Hello?" she said

I heard someone scream very loud, "Hey, T.R. What's up?"

"Nothing, almost lost my hearing because of you T.M." she said. She muted the phone and asked me if she could put it on speaker. I said she could. She unmuted and turn the speaker on.

"So you busy tomorrow before the game?" the person asked.

"I don't know, why?" she asked.

"I want to see my twin sis."

"I will see what tomorrow brings. Have you heard about the liggies?"

"No what?"

"They are on the Jets."

"Wow, the Tyler's are players and broadcasters."

"Yep. Centers, goalies and play by play."

"Well, I got to go. Call me tomorrow if you want to hang out."

"Okay, bye T.M."

"Bye T.R."

She hangs up and puts her phone in her pocket.

"Was that your brother?" I ask her as I pulled into the hotel parking lot.

"Yeah, my twin Matt." she said

"What teams does your two older brothers play for?" 

"They are both on the Minnesota Wild. Jack plays center and Kyle is the goalie." 

I park the car and get out. We walk to the hotel. 

"So your twin Matt is the broadcaster for the Leafs? Also who are the liggies?"

"Yep and the liggies are my little brothers Brain and Chris. Me and Matt are the miggies. My big brothers, Jack and Kyle, are the biggies. When we got in trouble, 90% of the time it was in the twin pair. One day, are mom yelled liggies and that is how it started."

"Got it."

We check in and walk down the hallway. We past a room with the door open. I peaked in and saw Coach Q. He saw me and said, "Hey Johnny. Can I talk to you?"

"Sure" I said. Riley hugged me and said goodnight. She grabbed her suitcase and rolled it down the hallway.

"What's up Q?" I said standing at the door.

"I need to ask you something in private. So come in." He said.

I grabbed my suitcase and rolled it into his room. I closed the door and signals for me to come sit by him on his bed.

"What's on your mind Coach?" I asked him.

"I wanted to ask you about her." Q said

"Riley?" I was confused. "What about her?"

"How is she?"

"Amazing. Fantastic. I love her."

Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" Q yelled.

"Hossa"

Coach Q gets off the bed and opens the door. He tells Hossa that he can come. Q and Hossa walk over and Q sits back down on the bed.

"Hey Tazer, how is your friend Riley?" said Hossa. I'm happy that he said friend not girlfriend but I want her to be my girlfriend.

"Good" I said.

"What did you mean 'I love her'? As a friend or love?" asked Coach Q.

"Both" I replied.

"Have you told her?" asked Hossa.

"No, every time I get the courage. She either gets a phone call or someone comes up to her and talks to her. And both of them end up in her crying, very mad and/or frustrated." I said.

"Have you been there for her?" Q asked.

"Yep"

"Hey, I got an idea." said Hossa.

"What is it?" I asked.

"What if me and Q talk to her about you and try to get her to tell us her feelings. But we can have you on the phone with speaker on. You can got to your room and mute your phone and listen to us talk to her."

"That's not a bad idea." Q said.

"I like it." I said. "Well let's do it."

We are set up to put Hossa's plan into action. All we need now is Riley.