Chapter 56

Two and a half weeks before Christmas and I still don't know what to get Riley. She said she didn't want anything but I want to get her something.

I was in the locker room when Kane walked in to get ready for today's practice. He stopped by Crawford to talk to him, then proceed to walk over to his stall.

"Hey Kaner" I said. I need his help.

"Hey Tazer, what’s up?" he asked.

"I need your help of thinking what to give Riley for Christmas."

"Do you ask her what she wants?"

"Yep"

"What she say?"

"She said, 'all I want for Christmas is you'."

"She doesn't want anything other than you at her side, unlike Amanda. Can we switch girlfriends?"

"Heck no. But I want to get her something."

"Well, I'm going shopping for Amanda after practice. You are welcome to join me."

"Sure"

We finished getting dress and head out to the ice.

******

Me and Kane were at the mall shopping. When we ran into Sharp, shopping for Abby. He joined the two of us. Kane and Sharp already had stuff for their girls but I still didn't have anything for Riley. We were walking when we ran into Riley, Abby and Jana. I was surprise to see Riley but also happy to see her.

"What are you guys doing here?" asked Sharp.

"Shopping" said Abby.

I see Riley has a big bag in her hand. Was that for me or one of her brothers or both? Kane showed Riley what he bought for Amanda and asked her if Amanda would like it. She told him Amanda would love it. 

"So I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over to my place Saturday afternoon for a holiday party?" Riley asked us.

"Sure, do you want us to bring anything?" Jana asked.

"Nope, I got everything and don't dress up fancy. For all I could care you can come in pajamas."

"I'll ask Amanda but I will come." Kane said.

"Will come." said Abby. "Can we bring the kids?" 

"Yeah, bring them along. It will be fun."

Riley reaches into her bag and grabs four envelopes. She hands one to me, one to Kane, one to Abby and one Jana. We said goodbye to each other and headed are separate ways.