Chapter 53

We had practice in the morning since all the guys came in last night. When I was all done with practice. I texted Riley that I was on my way back and to get ready. We were going to Niagara Falls this afternoon. I picked her up from the hotel and we headed towards the falls. I parked and walk to the falls. It was so pretty and she enjoyed it. We got a picture of the two of us kissing with the Niagara Falls in the background. We got back in the car and I drove over to Skylon Tower. I was going to surpries her by taking her to Skylon Tower.

"Jonathan, where are we going?" she asked.

"You will see." I said.

I pull into the parking lot. We go inside the building as the sun starts to set. I had dinner reservation for 5 o'clock in the Revolving Dining Room. We go up into the dining room and get our table. We were seated next to the window, looking out at Niagara. We ate our dinner which was amazing. We go out to the Observation Deck and look at the city at night. It was amazing, Riley hanged on to my arm as we walk around. Leaning her head against my arm.

We got back to the hotel at 8 o'clock and went to bed. Tomorrow was are game against the Maple Leafs.

*********

Me and Riley were going out for breakfast. We where sitting at a table when I heard someone say T.R. A guy with brown hair, a Maple Leafs jersey and a pair of jeans came over to us. Riley stands up and gives the guy a hug and says "T.M." They stop hugging and Riley sits back down. The guy looks at me and says, "You must be the famous Jonathan Toews."

"Yes I am." I said.

"I'm Max Tyler, Riley's brother." said the guy. He sticks his hand out and I shakes his hand. "May I join you two?" he asked.

"Jonathan?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, you can sit with us." I said. He sits down in the chair and the waitress comes over to ask what we want.

"It's so good to finally met you, Jonathan. Riley talks about you all the time." Max said. I think Riley slapped him on the leg because he says under his breath. "Ow"

"Really? What type of stuff has she told?"

"The good and silly stuff."

"Max!" said Riley.

"What he ask, I tell. So you ready for the game tonight?" asked Max.

"Yep" I said.

The food comes and we all dive in. We continue to talk. Max was telling me a story of when him and Riley were little and still living in Canada. How the went sleding and since the snow was so deep, they started sink into the snow. Then the two of them started to build a tunnel in the snow. Wide and long enough to sled down. The end of the tunnel went to the pond they had in there backyard. The six of them cleared the snow of the pond and would go sledding down the tunnel with there friends. Then the decide to play hockey while sitting on the circle sleds. There mom and dad would be the referee. So anytime they got a penalty they would have to climb up the mountain to the start of the tunnel. Then slide down it and since they made the tunnel at center ice they would be in the middle of the ice and that would be there penaly since it took at least 1 minutes to get up the mountain.

"Well let's not forget the one game where you came down the tunnel and took out mom." Riley said. I started to giggle at what she said.

"Hey! What about the one game where you shot at Chris' net, he couldn't block it and it went right threw the net, into the snow." Max said.

"To be fair the net was made out of snow so I shot it pretty hard."

We continue to talk in till I realized that I had go to practice. 

"I'm so sorry but I have to go to practice." I said

'I guess it means I got to leave." Riley said.

"Jonathan I will bring Riley back to the hotel, you just go to practice." said Max.

"Thanks Max." I grabbed my coat and put my hand out. Max grabs it and shakes it. "Well it was nice meeting you Max." I said

"Nice to meet you Jonathan." Max said.

Riley gets up and hugs me. I said goodbye to her and she kisses me. I leave and head towards Air Canada Centre. I got to practice and changed as quick as I could. I was barely on time.