Chapter 54

(Riley's P.O.V)

I watch Jonthan leave the restaurant.

"He's definitaly a keeper. I can tell you that mom and dad are going to love him." Max said.

"Not as much as I do." I replied. "Speaking of lovers, how are you and Jessie doing?"

"Fantastic" he pauses. "Would you like to meet her? She doesn't have work today."

"Sure, I got time."

"Cool, I'll text her to come over to my place."

"Tell her your sister wants to meet her."

"Good point"

He texts Jessie. Then he grabs me by the arm and we leave the restaurant. We jump into this truck and head back to his place. We go inside and I look around. He had some pictures of the whole family on the pond in the winter time. Some of the Minnesota Wild brothers. Some of the Winnipeg Jets brothers. Some of the two of us. There was a knock at the door and Max ran to the door. There was a girl at the door, probably Jessie. I see the two of them hug each other then kiss. I stand there watching them. They turn around and walk towards me.

"Jessie this is my sister Riley. Riley this is my girlfriend Jessie." said Max.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"You too." Jessie said hanging on to Max.

"Let's sit down." Max said " Anyone want anything to drink?"

"I'm good" I said.

"They usually babe." Jessie says.

We start talking and Jessie seems okay. But there was something weird about her.

"So you got a lover?" Jessie asked, curling up to Max.

"Yep, his name is Jonathan Toews." I said.

"That's the captain of the Blackhawks?" Jessie asked like she knew who he was but just asked to test me. 

"Yep" 

She got a a hatred look in her eyes and had a hint of jealous in her voice when she said, "That's very nice." She was jealous because I was dating the captain of one the best teams in the NHL and she was dating a broadcaster of an okay team. But my brother was a wonderful guy. We kept talking, until I had to go. He tells Jessie he will be right back. We jump into his truck and takes me back to the hotel. I tell him thanks and I go up to my room to get ready for the game.

********

A minute left in overtime, the face off is on the outside of Crawford. Toews wins it and passes it to Hossa. Intercepted by the Leafs. Seabrook pokes it away and Toews grabs it. He skates over the blue, he shoots. He scores! Hawks win! Jonathan Toews scores his 19 goal of the season with 19 seconds left in overtime. Your Hawks win over the Leafs tonight by a score of 3-2. The Hawks close the circus road trip here in Toronto with a 4-0-1 record.

I go find Jonathan after the game. I meet him outside the locker room. 

"There's my game winner." I said.

"Hey babe" he said. He then kisses me on the forehead. We walk to the team bus and head back to the hotel. On the bus we sit together.

"Isn't funny how you scored your 19 goal tonight, with 19 seconds left in OT and you are number 19?" I ask.

"I guess it is funny." he pauses "I really enjoyed meeting your twin brother today."

"He said that you were a keeper."

"Well that's good." He kisses me on the lips and it was somewhat long kiss.

"Get a room you two." said Kaner. We broke apart and I saw Kane standing in the aisle right next to our seats. "Shut up or get of the bus." I said. He sat back down in his seat and didn't say anything for the rest of the time.