Chapter 5: Jeju

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Jaesuk goes in the place where K said through a phone call. It was a large house in Incheon and K asked all of his detectives to go there.

-K's safe house, Incheon

Jaesuk looks for the marker that K asked him to find to be able to meet him. The moment he entered the building he roamed his eyes around the place and searched for the mark. Inside was tables, cabinets, books, chairs and many more random things.

Jaesuk searched thoroughly, trying to find the mark. He searched through the drawers one by one and searched through the nooks of each room. Then he found this book on the shelf at the end of the room. It was yellow and it had the mark that they found too often.

He pulled the book out and as he did the shelf slid open and revealed a brand new surroundings. It was a staircase that no one knows where it leads. He was speaking random gibberish as he entered the hidden room, curious. He then arrived at the end of the staircase where a door is located, opening it only to be greeted by one unfamiliar face and a familiar face.

The two girl smiled at him brightly as he entered the room. "Ah! What brings you here?" Jaesuk asks the unfamiliar girl.

"I had been invited by K as a detective." Sejong says showing the mark behind her neck, the symbol of the project.

The three of them exchanged greetings with a smile and waited for the rest of the team. Soon all of the members arrived and they sat down on the sofa comfortably after they introduced the two new members.

"K wanted me to convey this to all of you." You said and inserted a flash drive in the projector and soon a scene started appearing in front of you, catching all of your attention.

-A message from K

In front of you was a man, he looks like he was 40-50 and has this calm yet intimidating aura on him. He was wearing a suit, his hair swiped back and was sitting comfortably.

"Is he K?"

"K?"

"It's nice to meet you all, detectives. I'm the leader of project D." The man started with a small smile on his face. "And your boss, K."

The detectives were surprised the moment he mentioned his name yet continued to listen attentively. "I know all of you are shock through the recent events. Even I didn't expect any of them." K said and the detectives agree.

"Let me explain all of these to you. Basically, Project D aims to remove evil all around the world. We examined all the DNA of the best detectives around the world and placed this onto a chip that were attached to you." K explained and the detectives took notes in their minds.

"But then an error started to occur. You all slowly started to lose your memories and there, I decided to scrap the project as a whole. Many were opposing yet I believed it was the best thing to do for now. I has been observing all of you secretly and found out that the chips still worked with you."