Chapter 1: Encounter

CHANMI

THE WHOLE place was full of murmurs, cameras clicking and flashes and people who waits for the arrival of a famous kpop group.

"Hey, Minji" I called out for my friend's attention. She was busy talking to herself while watching a music video of NCT.

"Wait," she replied and I heard her squeal. I rolled my eyes upon seeing her reaction through the screen.

I am sitting on one of the benches in the airport while waiting for the members of NCT 127 to arrive. I am not fond of these things, I just usually attend the concerts or fanmeetings but never had to experience waiting for their arrival in the airport.

"If you're not going to talk to me, I'll hang up the call and go home," I told her but she made face at me and continued watching the music video. "I should just have stayed on my work than getting bored here."

If it wasn't because of her, I wouldn't be here. I am just lying on my bed and binge watch kdramas or sitting in front of my laptop and streaming music videos but nope, I am wasting a lot of my time to wait here. I wanted to see them but I wasn't planning on waiting for them in the airport like what most people here with me do.

Holding their big cameras, phones and placards or banners, they are all excited for the group's arrival. Most fans were giving some freebies which they made themselves. I even got a lot of it so I just kept those inside my bag.

"Okay fine," I spoke, putting the phone on my lap. "Bye."

"Hey, wait," she responded and faced the screen, I lifted up my phone so she can see me through the screen. "Just a second."

I groaned and put back the phone on my lap. If she's not really going to talk to me right now, she shouldn't have called me and told me to go here because I still have a lot of things to do instead of waiting here.

Both of us loves NCT but the only difference between us is she's actively participating on activities made by the fans and also the concerts or fanmeetings. While I am fine with just buying albums and lightsticks (if I have enough money to spend for those) and concerts (in which she's forcing me to attend, she'll pay for the half of the amount by the way).

I remembered her having a stan account in Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. She was active with her stan account until anyone from her real life can't contact her because she never used her real accounts again. But she left her stan accounts as soon as she was transferred to another school.

She needs to focus on her studies so she dropped everything except fangirling. She deactivated all of her stan accounts and lost her virtual friends.

"So, how's there?" she asked, completely facing the screen.

"You mean here? In the airport?" I asked and wandered my eyes to look at my surroundings.

"Yeah," she mumbled as she bite on her donut.

"You know I'm not into waiting, so it's boring," I told her and I heard her chuckle from the other line.

"By the way, why aren't you using computer when you're talking to me?" she asked me while I kept shaking my head.

"You know that I forgot my password, right?" I replied. I lifted up my head to see what's happening but the members are not yet arriving. "As long as I have my phone alive, I can still use this account."

"I almost forget to tell you," she started and scrunched her nose. "I won't be around for the next few weeks, it'll be our hell week and that'll be starting tomorrow."

The video call lagged and it ended. My eyes rolled while looking at my phonescreen. I sat quietly while listening to the people around me. Some just met each other for the first time or some knew each other virtually and they just met personally today.

As for me, I know no one from them. I don't interact with anyone virtually except Minji. I do use social media but that's for personal use and not for fangirling stuffs.

Since it's still half an hour before the members' arrival, I decided to grab some snack and just wait for them when I come back. It was hard to get out of the crowd because I was kept pushed back whenever I tried to get out. After several minutes of fighting against the ocean of fans, I succesfully got out from them.

Instead of buying something to eat, I decided to just grab a drink from the vending machine near the doorway of the airport. I leaned against the wall as I sip on my juice and continued watching the fans who were busy talking to each other and taking pictures.

I took my last sip and threw the can on the garbage bin beside the vending machine and fished for my phone inside my hoodie's pocket when it vibrated. I accepted Minji's video call and leveled it on my face so she can see me as well.

"Hey, Chanmi," she greeted while I maintained my blank face. "Wait, you tied up your hair in a messy bun?"

"What's wrong with that?" I asked and pulled some strands of my hair to look at their tips.

"What's wrong with that?" she mimicked. "You looked like you just got up from sleep!"

"You know that this is my usual get up, right?" I played with my lips and put my free hand inside my hoodie.

"And you're wearing a hoodie?" she asked again.

"Yeah, obviously," I replied. "And, oh, I'm wearing ripped jeans and sneakers."

"You're hopeless," she commented as she shook her head gently and slapped her face lightly.

I lifted up my head to look at my track and that's when I saw NCT 127's members approaching my direction, I mean our direction.

"Minji, they're here," I called her but it seems like she didn't hear me. I kept on calling her attention but she's not yet responding.

Someone pushed me and my back bumped onto someone. Then many of them pushed me again while I kept bumping onto someone who didn't mind to hold both of my shoulders to stop me hitting his body. He just let me bump his body and in times like this, I don't care about it because I can't even move because of the people forcing to get a good angle for their pictures. The securities can't even control them and even I don't want to be here, I was in the middle of the crowd.

"Minji," I called Minji and she responded until someone hit my arm and the phone accidentally slipped out of my hand. I tried to reach it but it hit the ground already so I bent my body to get it.

I knelt down and stretched my right arm to pick it up but someone stepped on my fingers before I could even touch my phone. I groaned in pain and immediately look at my fingers. Before I could move on with the pain from my fingers, I saw that someone again moved her foot and then bam, she stepped on my phone.

When she lifted up her foot, I saw the screen of my phone, shattered. It's completely black and I immediately pick it up and stood up when I felt my head hit something again. What the heck?

I turned my head to look at whatever it is while caressing that part of my head and then I saw a guy, wearing a white mask and a hood which covers half of his face holding his nose. My brows met while I kept assessing who he is and then red strands of his hair showed up under his hood.

"Jungwoo?"

#