Chapter 9: Text Message

CHANMI

MY FEET brought me to my destination even if I was hesitant to continue and since I am now standing in front of my brother's room, I walked inside without hesitating. I am here, there's no turning back. I immediately sat down at the chair beside his bed.

He's still sleeping and I don't want to interrupt his rest so I just sat there and read my notes again while waiting for him to wake up. I am not really sure why he asked me to visit him but the only thing I can do is to go here so his mother would stop calling me and asking me to visit him.

My phone beeped and it was Jungwoo who texted me. A smile escaped my lips as I opened the message.

Kim Jungwoo <3
I hope I'm not bothering
you, but I just want to
know how are you doing?
7:57 PM

I typed my reply while smiling. This guy never failed to make me smile. A thing he usually does to his fans and his members, I wouldn't be surprised about it.

Well, still good, as
of now. How are you?
7:58 PM

I heard a groan beside me and it was Chanhi. He slowly opened his eyes while I stood up from my seat and greeted him. He didn't recognize me immediately but he forced a smile after knowing that it was me, his sister.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. He looked away as he tried lifting his arm and winced in pain. "What did you do again?"

"I got into fight," he replied, maintaining not to meet my eyes.

"What's new about it? What I mean is why did you get into fight again?"

"Bully."

"You bullied someone again?" I put my hands on my waist and glared at him.

"I was bullied, okay?" he turned his head to look at me.

I scoffed and pretend to hit him. "Liar."

Even how much our parents made me feel not loved and hurt because of the love the have for my brother, I still can't stop caring for him. He really is a lucky person because even how hardheaded and troublemaker he is, we still love him and with that, I sometimes feel envious at him.

"Are you even studying?" I asked him and pulled the chair before sitting.

"Yeah," he whispered.

"Hey! If you are not studying well, I'll give you a good beating," I threatened him.

Silence enveloped us for a moment. He was left staring at the ceiling while I was staring at nowhere, my mind was thinking about everything that's why I don't have an idea which was it.

"Chanhi," I called his name. He turned his head to look at me but I remained staring at the white wall across me. "I don't want to ask anything from you, but I don't think I will still be able to handle it."