Chapter 2: Help

Chapter 2: Help

CHANMI

I WAS PUSHED together with the fans who was surrounding the members. My eyes were still locked on the guy I hit. He was still holding his nose while his eyes were also locked on mine.

It felt like a dream, it felt everything went in slow motion while I am staring back at him. Everything felt good when I saw blood on his mask. I badly want to cuss and was about to reach him so I can ask him if he's fine which is a stupid question to ask.

A guy wearing a uniform pushed me away from Jungwoo but Jungwoo stopped him.

"She was hurt too," he told the guy. "Maybe we could just help her?"

Doyoung who was standing behind him butted in while looking at me. "What happened?"

"I just want to help her, hyung," Jungwoo replied to Doyoung and panic was hinted on Doyoung's face as soon as he saw Jungwoo's nose bleeding.

I don't know what happened next, but I came back to reality when someone slightly dragged me. My eyes were locked at Jungwoo while my mind wanders in my daydreamland. The guy in his uniform is holding my arm and lightly dragging me to the doorway. That's when I felt my fingers stung because of pain.

I tried holding and massaging my fingers but it hurts so bad and I can't bend two of my fingers. If the girl who stepped on my fingers and my phone was wearing rubber shoes, it wouldn't turn out like this but she's wearing a pair of shoes with hard sole. Whenever I think of it, I feel the pain from my fingers.

"We'll bring you to the nearest hospital, okay?" Taeyong whispered at me. I didn't notice that all this time he's walking beside me. I shyly nodded at him.

I was brought to the nearest hospital so they can check my fingers. I don't think I need to be checked but I just let them. To my surprise, Jungwoo was also with me. His nose was checked for fractures or anything. The nurse put a bandage on my two fingers and told me not to move those for the next few weeks because it was a bit fractured.

I was left sitting on one of the beds, staring at my broken phone. I haven't keep enough money to buy a new phone because I wasn't even planning to buy a new one. I think I should just use my old keypad phone.

"Excuse me?" It was a soft voice that made me immediately lift up my head. I was welcomed with a red-haired guy.

He sat on the bed across mine, his hands were on his pocket. He bore his eyes on mine and I felt awkward because of it. I should have dressed nicely instead of going to the airport with my usual get up.

"Yes?" I asked, I can't maintain an eye contact. I played with my phone's shattered screen.

"Jungwoo," he introduced himself, even though I'm sure he knows that I know him. He stretched his right arm for a handshake.

"Chanmi," I introduced myself and stretched my right arm to accept his hand but he hesitated.

He stared at my hand and I stared at it too. I shut my eyes and released a sigh because of awkwardness. I forgot about my fingers having bandages. I gave him an awkward smile before I stretched my left arm instead. He gladly accepted it, a smile plastered on his lips.

My mind is battling about what's really happening, am I either dreaming or living in reality right now? Jungwoo is my ultimate bias and I have never expected to meet him this close. I'm not fond of going to fanmeetings so I never talked to him like now.

"You're friends with Minji, right?" he asked, breaking the silence between us. I snapped my head to look at him.

Does he mean, Minji? My Minji? My best friend Minji? Wait, how does he knew Minji?

"Lee Minji?" I asked him back. He nodded.

I became confused all of a sudden. Does he knew Minji because that girl always attend concerts and fanmeetings? But that's something impossible. For all of the fans he encountered, it will be hard for him to recognize and remember every fans. But why did he ask me about Minji?

"How'd you say that I'm friends with Minji?" I asked him, hiding my surprise.

"You were talking to her at the airport, I just saw it," he replied and looked away. "You were standing in front of me."

"I'm standing in front of you?" I asked him and slowly, my eyes widened as I clasp my hands on my mouth. "Ouch."

I looked at my fingers before glaring at it and lifted up my head again to look at Jungwoo who was staring at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" he asked, he was about to stand up and reach me but I stopped him.

"So you were the one that I kept on bumping earlier?" I asked, surprised. He nodded his head while he's worriedly looking at my hand.

Wow, that one's embarrassing and to think that he was just catching me when I was kept pushed to him. I shouldn't have gotten there, I must be saved from embarrassment if I did.

"But, how did you know Minji?" I asked him. He averted his gaze from my fingers to my eyes.

"We were classmates in middle school." I saw his eyes glistened as he probably reminisce about the good old days with Minji.

I stared at him, trying to figure out what's really going on. From the time I saw them approaching my direction, to the time that my phone slipped from my hand, when someone accidentally stepped on my fingers and on my phone, then my head hit Jungwoo's nose, they brought me to the nearest hospital then I knew my bias Jungwoo and my best friend Minji were classmates until the time that we really are talking to each other in person, not in the camera nor in social media.

"Minji never mention that to me," I whispered to myself.

"How is she?" he asked and it is hinted on his face that he's really excited to hear my answer.

"She's fine and doing great," I replied and gave him a smile. "Actually, she's busy with her studies."

"Wow, she excels in our class when we were in middle school," he commented and he's probably remembering the days when they were classmates.

"Yeah, when we were in high school, she excels in our class too," I told him.

Minji and I were classmates since we were in high school but she transferred to another school on college in another city. She really was excelling in any subjects and that's what make us become closer. I was the top 1 in our class and she was next to me. Instead of building an imaginary competition between us, we became friends and both of us helped each other.

She's really smart and pretty, most of the guys in our school like her that's why every day, she receives either letters, chocolates or flowers. I wonder, is Jungwoo one of them?

"By the way," he spoke, breaking the silence that enveloped us again. "I just want to talk to her again."

"Why didn't you try talking to her?" I asked him, my voice almost cracked because of surprise.

"I've lost my connection with her as soon as we graduated in middle school," he replied and looked down at his feet. "Maybe you can help me?"

#

A/N: Ey! What do you think of the chapters so far? Please let me know :>