Chapter 25: You're special

CHANMI

THERE WERE knocks on the apartment's door that snapped me back. I was busy playing games on my computer and I needed to leave it just for whoever knocks on my door.

I pulled the door and displayed a bored face on whoever the person is. I am not expecting anyone that's why I thought it was just Minji who can just open the door for her since she has a key but nope, it wasn't Minji.

"Jungwoo?" I immediately fixed my hair and my loose black shirt which was disheveled because of how I sit. "What brought you here?"

"I'm planning to surprise Minji," he replied.

My brows furrowed as I looked at the calendar sitting on my study table. I squinted my eyes to see what date it is today. It is 19th of April and stupid me for almost fogetting that it is Minji's birthday today.

"For her birthday?" He nodded his head so I let him get inside. "She's not here but she'll go home before 6, I think. She's giving herself a treat since it's her day today."

"That's good!" He put down the plastic bags he was carrying on the table and faced me. "Do you know how to cook?"

I pointed my finger at myself. "Me? Yeah, I usually burn the food."

"I am not a good cook either." His shoulders fell down as he stared at the products on the table.

"Don't worry, we can give it a try," I told him and helped him remove those from the plastic bag.

I went to my computer and shut it down. Not to mention that I left my teammates hanging. Well, I died so it's not a big deal anymore. I walked back the kitchen while tying up my hair into a bun before preparing the materials to be used.

We cooked some pasta then fried chicken. The oil splatters were annoying as it kept hitting my skin. When we are putting the breaded chicken, one eye closed while distancing our body from the pan and stretching our arm to reach it and put the chicken carefully.

We will just laugh while aware of how stupid we look like. I haven't conquered my fear against those oil splatters, that's why. It hurts so much that's why I don't really like frying.

"How's the pasta? Is it good?" I asked Jungwoo who's checking the other dishes we finished cooking.

He took a spoonful of it and shove it on his mouth before nodding. "Wow, did we really cook this? It tastes good!" He took another before heading towards me and shove it on my mouth.

I chewed the pasta and smiled after being satisfied on how it taste. "I think I should remember this dish. This is the first dish I've ever cooked."

After cooking, we prepared the table and put some decorations on it and on the wall. Minji will be so happy because of this.

I stood up and looked at the table, the foods then the surroundings. Everything's fine except the Jungwoo who looks flustered while biting his nails.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He immediately lifted up his head and looked at me.

"I'm nervous." He puffed some air before exhaling, trying to calm himself down.

"You're just going to celebrate her birthday, right? Why are you nervous?" I walked towards him and continuously tapped his shoulder.

"Actually, I'm planning to confess," he stopped halfway of his sentence and bit his lower lip before continuing. "My feelings for her."

My hand stopped tapping his shoulder and it slid down before I took a step back. I stared at him and repeat what he said in my mind. He's going to confess to her, on her birthday.