Chapter 3: First

Chapter 3: First

CHANMI

I WORE MY white longsleeves and my black sweater then tied up my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my backpack and books before shutting the door. I ran towards the bus stop only to see the bus departed. I groaned and continued walking towards the bus stop.

If I haven't dreamt of something good last night, I won't woke up late but the bandages on my fingers tells the otherwise. Last night's dream wasn't good and most of all it wasn't a dream. I pulled my hair in frustration. If Jungwoo didn't show up last night and didn't asked me to help him be close again with my best friend Minji, my mind wouldn't be occupied. I would have slept earlier last night.

The bus arrived, a minute earlier than its usual arrival time. I walked straight towards the back of the bus and sat beside the window. Winter has approached and I can really feel the cold breeze right now.

My phone vibrated inside my pocket so I get it. I frowned upon seeing my old keypad phone on my hand. This can't do anything than texting and calling. No music nor camera. How can I live without those?

I almost squeal after reading the displayed name of whoever sent me a message.

Kim Jungwoo <3

I slap my face because of embarrassment for myself and to myself. Am I serious? What am I even thinking while putting his name on my contacts? That little heart at the end makes me cringe.

Kim Jungwoo <3
Hope to see you
later, Chanmi
7:56 AM

I smiled after reading his message. I've never expected my ultimate bias will be the first one to send me a message. And he told me that he hopes to see me later, like is this a dream? Because if it is, don't wake me up, I'm fine here.

I was pulled out from my fantasy when my phone vibrated again and I frowned upon reading the name of the sender.

Kim Kangmin
Where are you? It's
almost 8
7:58 AM

I checked on the time again to make sure he's really telling the truth and yes, it's almost 8 in the morning and my class starts at 8:10. I am not yet reaching halfway to my school.

Should I be panicking right now or should I be calm and pray that I can reach my school before the clock strikes 8:10? I remained sitting down quietly but I kept being flustered. I played with my fingers while waiting for the bus to arrive at the next bus stop.

As soon as it reached the bus stop, I got off and ran towards the main gate of the campus. I only have a couple and a half of minutes to reach my room but I lost my hope when I faced the staircase. My room is located on the third floor of the building and I only have less than a couple of minutes to avoid being marked late.

I just took a risk and ran as quick as I could. If the bell rang, that means I am late already and before it rang, I almost reach my room so I just throw my bag to the door of our room then the bell did its work.

I reached the room's door, panting. My eyes wandered around my classroom and saw my classmates' surprised faces. I awkwardly smiled at them before I picked up my bag and slam it on my chair.

"I'm still safe, right?" I snap my head towards Kangmin, the student-in-charge. He forced a smile and showed me his thumbs up. I shrugged my shoulder at him and sat at my chair.

I've never felt excited about dismissal twice as much as I always am during class hours. After attending boring classes, I'll be seeing Jungwoo again, not just a fan but someone he knows. That thought makes me happy, I feel like jumping on the clouds until I'll remember the reason, because he asked me to help him be close with my friend again. I always fall from my high hopes, no, I was thrown, real hard.