Chapter 19: Hangout

Chapter 19: Hangout

CHANMI

I ROLLED on the bed and groan in frustration. I wasn't able to sleep last night in an unknown reason. Shutting my eyes closed and heaving countless sighs last night, I am still not able to reach the dreamland. I fell asleep at almost four in the midnight, two hours before my alarm rings.

It's Sunday but I still have a work today and I can't take a leave since I've got my leave last week, the same day Jungwoo and Minji met each other. That day, they were still trying to get along with each other but unfortunately (or fortunately?) they were still awkward to each other. I still have to open up the topic for them so silence won't hug us.

We just ate our dinner that night, talked about things and introduced theirselves, which I did for them. I almost got out of topic since I wasn't ready for that. The two can't still look at each other's eyes and still shy to open up a topic. I won't let it happen between them especially that I am around. What's the purpose of spending time with Jungwoo to help him be closer to Minji again if I won't do my job properly?

I got up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. Minji wasn't on her bed anymore and when I checked the whole place, she's nowhere to be found. There was a sticky note on the refrigerator and when I checked what was written on it, Minji said that she dropped by at the coffee shop.

After doing my morning routine, except not eating my breakfast since I don't have bread nor milk in my refrigerator anymore, I head towards the coffee shop, I saw Minji sitting at the same spot where she met Jungwoo. Looks like she's reminiscing that moment she didn't expected. Instead of greeting her, I chose not to interrupt her train of thoughts and proceed to do my job.

"She was like that for half an hour now," Jihoon commented as he leaned at the countertop, looking at Minji, after I stood at the counter.

"She must be daydreaming right now," I replied, giving him a quick glance.

"Is she thinking about that Jungwoo guy?" He squinted his eyes as he huffed.

"That Jungwoo guy?" I repeated and scoffed at him. "The last time I checked, you were fanboying over him."

"Did I?" He pointed his forefinger at him and displayed a puzzled expression at me. I squinted my eyes at him and smirk.

"Are you jealous?" My smirk grew into a grin and I started poking his waist.

"I'm not!" he hissed and took a last glance at Minji before darting me a glare. He left me chuckling while I focused on what I should do.

It was four days ago since we welcomed the new year. Minji and I celebrated New Year's Eve together with the usual way of celebrating it. Preparing some foods for us to share when the clock strikes at 12 in the midnight and while waiting for it, we watched the live performances of different groups including NCT.

Minji went to their home the next day to visit her parents who were fine about the idea of letting Minji stay with me to celebrate New Year. As for my family, I wasn't able to go home since I am still working but I talked to Chanhi and asked them how are they. Chanhi has a lot of stories to tell but he didn't finished it since our mother interrupted him and that's how our conversation ended.

"Hey, earth to Chanmi." Minji snapped her fingers in front of me and wriggled her brows after I diverted my gaze at her. "You didn't even informed me you're here."

"You were enjoying yourself while reminiscing about Jungwoo and your first encounter after a lot of years that have passed."

She made face at me while I grinned at her. "How's your sleep? You look like you enjoyed it."